Occasional Contributor
jdavis36446935

Re: Pregnant & over 35

Hope everyone had a great New Years! Well c-section has been scheduled!! We are having our baby boy January 28th, as long as he cooperates :-) which is also my husbands birthday, so he is excited to hopefully share his birthday. I think I'll go up to the scheduled surgery, as if this baby is anything like my son was he was happy relaxing in his womb hotel all the way up to his planned delivery day, and this baby boy has been the same! How is everyone else out there doing with there day to days???
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
yensifana75909

Happy New Years! Went to my 32wk appointment..so far so good. .could not see her face :'( she gave me her back..but I am happy she is healthy♥ please keep your updates coming. .it make the time go quicker..
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jdavis36446935

That's what my little guy does all the time. Although at 32 weeks we did get an alright picture of his face in 3D which was nice of the U/S tech. But our little typically has his face planted towards my backside. We have another U/S today so we shall see if he is getting bigger, he was only a little over 4 pounds a couple weeks ago. But none of my babies were big, so I'm not expecting this one to be either. Glad to hear your baby girl is doing well! So awesome to hear. It's also nice to be able to cross those weeks off the calendar... We are getting there one day at a time!! My baby shower is this weekend so I'm starting to get excited about the arrival of our little boy, still nervous about the surgery & my recovery since I'm not 25 anymore. But everyone keeps saying "you'll be fine" easy for them to say they aren't the ones having a baby in just over 3 weeks :-)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
yensifana75909

Jdavis, have you packed your hospital bags yet?
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jdavis36446935

Hello. Actually our little boy Gary Michael was born on January 15th. We had an ultrasound on January 2nd & they said he was 6lbs 1oz, and that my amniotic fluid was on the low side of normal, so they did a follow up ultrasound on January 14th & said he was 6 lbs, so I got a call from my OB & she said he isn't growing so she wanted to take him that week. Said he would do better outside. Said that it could be a sign of my placenta not working, so they scheduled my C-Section for the next morning. He was perfect, weighing exactly 6 lbs. we are both doing good. How are you doing?? Are you ready yet? Is your bag packed?? I didn't get a wink of sleep the night before.... Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
yensifana75909

congrats Jdavis ... How are are you feeling? and how is your baby boy doing?  I have 4 wks to go, hoping to last till 2/12/14, b/c my mom is coming.. I am almost ready, I have all the baby gear.. Just have to wash her clothes and buy a few toiletries for my bag to the hospital..

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jdavis36446935

Well I hope you make it until your mom gets here. It is nice to have your family around to help! Baby & I are doing good. I'm still a little sore from the surgery, but that's to be expected. I am going back to work Monday on a part time basis. Excited & sad all at the same time. It will be nice to get out of the house for a few hours a day but I will miss my little man. I am fortunate tho, my husband is setting up a nursery at his office so he can watch him during the days so we don't have to put him in daycare (wonderful benefit if him being a small business owner).
Glad to hear you are ready. I had a bag all packed for the hospital & didn't use much in it. I was lucky enough to be able to go home the day after my c-section, so I was able to go home & shower & get comfortable. I'm not a big fan of hospitals....
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 1,439 members 240,017 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: