jgitchel40

Re: Pregnant & over 35

Hi everyone!

I am 39 and pregnant with my first child.  She is due 2/21/14.  I have been really lucky to be having a great pregnancy.  Mostly just tired.  All tests have been great so far.  I am going for my first glucose screening tomorrow.  I have been looking forward to each appointment mostly because of the ultrasounds.  I'm still excited for the appointments even though there aren't any more ultrasounds at this point.  It's so much fun to hear how the baby is doing in there.  It does feel really strange having a body growing inside of you though.  It's cool, but very surreal.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lorimanhart

Hello,

Ijust found this group and I turned 35 in May and got pregnant with my 8th pregnancy in May. I have 5 boys that are 19 (will be 20 in jan), 18, 14, 12, and 10. I had a daughter that would be 13 but she passed away at a month old due to multipe organ failure and she had down's  and I had a miscarriage 2 years ago. This pregnancy was a surprise and a little scary because of the miscarriage. I told myself that if I didn't get pregnant again by 35 I would just give up and then the month I turn 35 I get pregnant and everything is fine this time.God has his perfect timing even if its not the time we wanted. I really wanted a girl but again I am having a boy, at least he is a healthy boy according to every test we have done. That is what matters the most. I'm still a little nervious because it has been so long sence I have given birth and I'm a smoker. I think what scares me most is the fact that I believe in having the most natural birth as possible, I always have. Most of my boys were born without any pain medication. I had the eperadul with my daughter and my 12 year old son only becasue with my daughter the drs. talked into it after about 12 hrs of labor and only getting between 3 and 4 cent. dialated. They explain that because Shyanne, my daughter, had a whole in her heart, that she couldn't help me with the birth so I was doing everything on my own. Babies help more than we know so my body was having a hard time to get it done so I got the epadural. My 12 year old son, Isaiah, had a prolapse cord so they had to do an emergency c-section, which meant, I had to have an epadurel. I personally want to have another natural childbirth and I know I can but it has been 10 years so I'm a little scared and nervious about it.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
yensifana75909

I am 36..preggo with me 2nd after 10yrs..and I am on the overweight side..not like my first pregnacy..not feeling beautiful at all..but trying to enjoy it, I really wanted this baby..
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jdavis36446935

Yensifana I know how you feel. I'm a little overweight myself & I feel huge. I'm 30 weeks now & can barely bend over to pick things up. I was also diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which I didn't have with my first 2 pregnancies. This is different, so many rules & things you can't eat. Had an ultrasound yesterday & baby is growing great & doing good. Please keep us all posted on how your doing.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
yensifana75909

Thank you for your response jdavis...I hope you and everyone had a great Thanksgiving..I know I did and I also ate too much :-( Try to get some walking done and now I am up at 1:30am with legs and arm pain..I feel horrible...is any one experiencing arms and legs cramps?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
yensifana75909

Hi jdavis, I hope you are enjoying the holidays.
How are you feeling?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jdavis36446935

Hello. Holidays were great. It's a little rough going thru them pregnant & having Gestational diabetes, but we survived. The dr Appts now are crazy, twice a week for non stress tests now that I'm passed the 32 week mark. Hoping at my next appt which is Monday they will be able to tell me the date & time of my c-section. How is everyone else doing? Hope you all had a great thanksgiving & Christmas!! Keep the updates coming!!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 17 members 4,309 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: