dcbanks26

Need advice for baby #2

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I have a 7 year old son. I am nervous about telling him about the pregnancy what should I do
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lovemypriceboys

Re: Need advice for baby #2

Include him! Make it seem very exciting! Take him to a dr appointment so he can hear the heart beat and make sure he knows you are very happy and excited. Let him know how special it is to be a big brother and make him feel important....
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
etompkins93

I have a 4 year old son, who craves my attention ALL the time, I told him I was pregnant and he at 1st hated it, now he is very excited about the new addition, my question is how do I handle him if he starts to get jealous?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
allisontschmidt

I was 8 when my mom got pregnant with my little sister.  I knew before my step-dad did. Lol. Mom kept me VERY involved. I went to the ultrasound, helped pick names, helped with the nursery, all of it.  Her pregnancy became a family affair. It very much helped me feel important and wanted.  I felt like our family was gaining a member rather than me being replaced.  I got to help care for her from the minute she came home.  So, my advice is to tell him. Be super excited and present it like you would a trip to Disney.  If you approach him like  it is a problem or something potentially bad then that is how he will view it.  If you present it as awesome and special then that is how he wll see it.  Have special days with him where you do some baby related stuff (maybe have him help scan things into a baby registry) and then do special stuff for him (have lunch then pick out new stuff for his room too).   After the baby is born make sure the visitors keep up that attempt to make him feel special.  That is where we had issues.  Relatives would come over and beeline to her, ignoring me. My friends would come over to play with her, not me.  That is when jealousy set in.

Posted from Acer A210
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 477 members 100,599 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: