New Contributor
rocafella0522

Re: First Time Moms

Yogurt helps me. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rbourgoyne2917

I've found that candied ginger helps me a lot, as well as Halls menthol cough drops. There's also a drink I mix to have with my breakfast. I call it the orange sizzler. It is two parts ginger ale or sprite, and one part OJ. Just the things that work for me.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
aimeearrghh

Well, this is my first pregnancy, but chewing spearmint gum helps me c:
Posted from HTC PM63100
Please use plain text.
mlsprosper

I've been eating 5 small meals a day and that works for me!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alexfriendly

I've found that Q brand ginger ale is the only one that really works for me. It's kind of speedy but isn't nearly as sweet as the others I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) and it usually will at least make me functional again if not 100% which is more than I can say for the others. The other awesome trick that my mom told me about is eating four or five saltines BEFORE getting out of bed in the morning. Something about the blood sugar helps stave off the nausea. Hope that helps!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alexfriendly

Ultrasounds

So I read an article that found a link between additional ultrasounds and autism. I had abdominal pain in my fourth week of pregnancy and the ER was nervous it might be ectopic so I had four ultrasounds in one week to confirm it was a normal pregnancy. My question is do you have to get ultrasounds at your prenatal visits? I'd like to just do one more at week 20 to confirm my due date and find out the gender but don't know if that's possible. I haven't scheduled my first prenatal yet (on the to do list, but the clinic closes at four and I never seem to get through before the cutoff time), so these are probably questions to ask then, but it'd be nice to get some guidance before hand.

Here's the article. http://www.thedailybeast.com/witw/articles/2013/04/29/are-ultrasounds-causing-autism-in-unborn-babie...
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
sweetypie0587

I am due february 21st. with my first :smileyhappy: But I do not get another ultrasound until my 21st week which is in October. I want to find out the sex sooner. What is the best week to go into a 3d place to find out? I was thinking week 15 or 16 they would be able to tell.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 1,546 members 182,574 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: