Occasional Contributor
sweetypie0587

Baby Shower Dilema

Due February 21st. Not sure when to do my baby shower, I do not want to busy up family more than usual around the holidays but I do not want to wait to late either and be a huge whale and uncomfortable at my shower. So any suggestions on the perfect date?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marissa_skogen

Re: Baby Shower Dilema

Hey sweetypie0587, my friends who have had babies or who are due soon usually went around 7 or 8 months. I've been debating the same thing as you & I'm leaning towards 8 months because of the holidays, too.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
sweetypie0587

I am just afraid I am not leaving my self enough time to get anything that I do not get at the shower. But I guess if I do it early January that will give me a month to prepare.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marissa_skogen

I didn't even think about that!! That's a good point. Maybe friends & family can help you get the last things in order. You could do it before holidays because I guess either way (before or after) people will have to travel around the holidays.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
peggz

I'm due February 18th and my girlfriends and I have deciced on a December 1st baby shower.  This gives people a chance to score great deals with black Friday and lets me have that last month to prepare.  A friend who has a 4 month reminded of how cranky you can be that last month!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
allisontschmidt

They say the shower should be 4-6 or 6-8 weeks before your due date (depending on which source you look at. Lol).  I am due Feb 4.  We are looking at Dec 28th. That way its during the lull of holiday parties, people can hit the before and after Christmas sales, and I'm left with some time to prepare. I'll be nice and round without being all super cranky. Lol. 

Posted from Acer A210
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
aleciasimms23

Hey sweetypie0587 my due date is also feburuary 21 and I was having problems with choosing a date has well so I decided to have my baby shower on december 7 on a saturday because it's after thanksgiving and before christmas and new years this way people cant complain about spending money because its before christmas and thats when people are searching for christmas gifts and while they are in a process looking for christmas gifts they can easily look for a gift. And I feel if you wait till january people are not going to have money like that because they probably will blow all the money up on christmas gifts on top of it all tax season starts january 16 but probably people won't recieve money until the ended of febuary which wouldn't be good for january. So I suggest ending of november or the of december. Hope to here from you soon and good luck!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 2,225 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: