ModChristine

Any pregnant Moms over 35?

Thought this might be a good place to connect Moms expecting over 35 years of age. I had both of my children in my 30's.  How is everyone feeling?

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lilkimmi2

Re: Any pregnant Moms over 35?

36 here, and this is my first. :smileyhappy:

I'm at 9w2d, and I have an early ultrasound this week to make sure everything's ok.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

I will be turning 32 in a couple of weeks!  This is my second pregnancy but will be my first child.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deb77k

36 now. Already had a missed miscarriage at 10 wks so I'm pretty nervous about this one. I'm 9weeks today. I have a meeting with the genetic counselor next week to decide on which test(s) to take if any. Looking towards the new blood test instead of amnio or CVS
--Deb--
First timer
Due ~ 12/10/14
Posted from Samsung SM-G900A
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
skirvingang

Hi All,

41 when I got pregnant and 42 when I will have the baby.  This will be my husband's and my first child.  We were not even supposed to get pregnant since I had an FSH of 18 and doctor's insisted I go through IVF with donor eggs....I had the IVF scheduled this summer.

I lost 20 pounds in the last six months, went to acupuncture for weekly treatments, and just let God handle the rest.  The month prior to started the pill for IVF we got a BFP.  I am still in awe. 

Our first ulrasound was great, and we have already heard the heart beat twice....still waiting back for genetic testing and we are hoping this miracle is healthy. 

If anyone is told to go to donor eggs get a second opinion or go see an acupuncturist.  Even with IVF the acupuncture increases odds of a successful treatment.

This is the first time I am on ANY board like this....It is so nice to meet all of you:_)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Patti2160

i had a baby girl 8 years ogo when i was 39 and a month later turned 40, i am now 47 and will be 48 with the birth of this child in november, i had skin pre-cancer cells removed and was on antibiotic they messed with birth control and what a Surprise i have now coming this nov! 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
skirvingang

OMG congratulations!  What a surprise!!! Have you gotten genetic testing done yet?  The statistics scare me but there are so many over 40 moms having babies now and most pregnancies and babies seem healthy.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,465 members 185,487 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: