Contributor
deb77k

Which, if any, Genetic Testing/Screening are you doing?

I just had my bllod draw on Monday for the NIPT (Harmony) screening.  It takes 14 days for the results, which seems forever!

Are any of you choosing to do any screenings or tests?

--Deb--
First timer
Due ~ 12/10/14
Occasional Contributor
skirvingang

Re: Which, if any, Genetic Testing/Screening are you doing?

Hi!

I had testing done last Friday, about nine days ago (including the holiday weekend.)  It is so hard waiting, as I am 42 and I know what risks may be present.  I went with Materni21 and I am anxious.

Will you find out the gender?

Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

At my next appointment I have to have the quad screening done.

Occasional Contributor
sunshyne_47

My husband wants genetic testing, we are only just over 5 weeks but I find the thought of it is very stressful. I don't really know how to tell him either how stressed it is making me.
Posted from Apple iPad
Occasional Contributor
skirvingang

It was a hard 13 days total.  However, we found out this morning that the baby has no chromosomal abnormalities and that she is a girl :smileyhappy:  It is a personal decision.  We both wanted to be prepared no matter what we found out today.

Contributor
deb77k

Congrats Skirvingang! In my mushy brain, I don't know if I requested to find out the sex or not. I'm trying to stick with the Whatever Happens, Happens mantra, but that still doesn't cut the nervous factor out.
Sunshyne, you should talk to your doctor and have them refer you to a genetic counselor so you can learn about the pros and cons for each test and for knowing or not knowing about any possible abnormalities. Knowledge is the only thing that can put your mind at ease enough so you can choose from information instead of fear.
--Deb--
First timer
Due ~ 12/10/14
Posted from Samsung SM-G900A
Occasional Contributor
skirvingang

Deb let us know how the harmony test turns out...I am absolutely sure it will be fine. We are just impatient and wanted to call the baby her name. I wish we could be like everyone else and wait until labor day to see whether or not it will be a boy or a girl!
Posted from Samsung SCH-I415
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 799 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: