Occasional Contributor
domonae

Sleepy Blues......

Im 6 months 2morrow and having such a difficult time falling asleep at night. Is anyone else having this issue? if so what are you doing to cope with this issue?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kelly.novak11

Re: Sleepy Blues......

I have to sleep in the living room recliner some nights. I always have pressure on my bladder and some nights sitting up sleeping in the recliner is the only relief instead of getting up to go to the bathroom all the time. Benadryl and the Boppy pregnancy pillow help somewhat but some nights only the recliner really works.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvzuccarino

Hi,

I am off and on having this same problem. I'll wake up at 2am and be up until 5am, and then want to sleep all morning. What made it better is forcing myself not to take a nap (although I cheated and took a 20 min nap today) and just to stay awake reading (ideally not in bed) until I'm tired. I didn't go to sleep until 1am last night, but I was able to sleep straight through (minus two or three bathroom trips, but I was able to get right back to sleep) until 7:30am. I also read not to drink chocolate at night (a big mistake one night when I had chcolate ice cream at 10pm and hot chocolate at 3am because I was so hungry!). Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
domonae

Oh man! I know I keep my husband up with my tossing and turning plus bathroom trips. I too have been trying to force myself from the mid-day naps, but if I do need a nap I try and make sure the bedroom is very dark.
Thanks for the response and good luck to you also :-)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
domonae

@ Kelly yes sleeping sitting up does work. I've noticed less distraction from the baby wanting to move sooooo much once I lay down. Benadryl is a life saver too but I became afraid of becoming to dependent on it. But how do you use the Bloopy pillow for help???
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kelly.novak11

I use the Boppy sleep pillow for moms and I try to prop my head and torso up on my regular pillows and then tuck the big part of the sleep pillow between my knees and then wedge the small part of the pillow under my tummy. Helps to keep pressure off the bladder but when you have to move positions, it's a lot of noise and work!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,288 members 139,487 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: