New Contributor
ACParks2010

special needs child birthday

My soon to be 3yo is special needs, she will never walk or talk since this is new to me i need to know, how do I tell party goers no toys or that specific care items are needed? I want to include something with the invitation but also want to include a note about why, since she is newly diagnosed. I just don't want several calls about what to get and want to avoid taking useless toys back. Any advice would be great.
Posted from Samsung SM-G730A
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: special needs child birthday

I am the Mom of a special needs child and I completely understand where you are coming from.  I can't even count how many toys my daughter has received that she is unable to play with.  I responded to your post on the other board also.  I would just put a heartfelt note in there or if you have a favorite charity that contributes to your daughter's new diagnosis you could ask them to make donations there in her honor instead of bringing an actual gift.  My other suggestion was to make a wish list online of items you daughter might be able to use...even if it's medical equipment, clothing, bedding...you can pick out exactly what you want and have it on that wish list for others to choose from when they are shopping.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
albertastephenz

Re: special needs child birthday

Last year we planned on doing nails, cupcake decorating, sweet bag filling etc. Went so fast all we did was cupcake decoring & sweet bags i made enough cupcakes beforehand, bought loads of sweets from Global Sugar Art.  Did a display table of sweets, filling bowels vases etc then they were given a clear plastic cone shaped sweet bag each to fill. Also bought a little disney frozen sparkle anna of arendelle doll from toys r us by using toys r us coupons. It was great party and i am sure will help you too my experience.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,313 members 152,438 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: