Community Manager
Emmys_Mom

Who was with you when you delivered your baby?

Your mother? Your mother-in-law? A close friend? These days it's not uncommon to have more than one person in the delivery room with you. What was your experience and why did you choose that person to be in the room with you?

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Who was with you when you delivered your baby?

Actually my Mom was with me in the operating room for both of my c-sections!  My husband was squeamish lol.  I was in labor for 23 hours with my son before an emergency c-section and I had my husband and Mom with me during that time.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

First baby: Husband

Second baby: Husband and sister

Third baby: Husband and a handfull of nursing students that had never seen a birth. There was not a dry eye in the place.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tammy: LOL! I know its a beautiful experience, but just the mental image of a handful of students standing around and crying :smileyhappy: its kinda funny

For me I had

A very tired husband (who i woke up only 2 1/2 hours after falling asleep because my water broke and we were anticipating induction that morning!)

My really good friend, Jen. Who has a wonderful way of talking me through things and whatever I need, and kept me calm.

and My mother in law, whom I adore. My own mother and I dont speak (shes not allowed to talk to anyone, as per her crazy religion, and its something i've come to accept the more time goes on) and so I have a very close relationship with my mother in law. She surprised me the day before my scheduled induction by showing up to be there! I was very happy.

If i was able to, I would have had my golden retriever there as well, but apparently hospitals dont like dogs =c

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
xPAIJx

I had my boyfriend and mom in the room for my 37 hours of labor and emergency c-section. Also I was in the room when brother and my friend had my nephew.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Please use plain text.
CarrieZB

First baby I had my husband, sister and my husband's aunt in the room. Second baby my husband and his aunt, sister was taking care of first baby.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
twolsleben

With my first, my husband and a surgical team. Ds was an emergency c-section. With my 2nd I had a vbac. Hubby, the dr, 2 nurses, and my mom were there. My mom stopped to see how things were going on her way to work as I was about to push.
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 28 members 2,206 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: