Occasional Contributor
lilymae2012

Re: Who was with you when you delivered your baby?

I am due June 8th 2014 and have already been thinking about who I want in the delivery room with me. My boyfriend of course, and both of my moms (I am adopted by my aunt but maintain a relationship with my biological mom). My aunt (adoptive mom) suggested my sister be there as well, but I am not sure at the moment about that. She is much older than I, and has 2 kids who are both less than 10 years younger than me. I guess I don't understand why my mom thinks my sister should be there, though it's not something I am necessarily opposed to.
Posted from Nokia Lumia 710
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sanchez7adriana

Just my hubby which was perfect because our families don't speak 💔 and ii was worried things would've got awkward...
It was either my mommy or him❤️
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Visitor
n58water

For my first baby, my husband was there for the beginning, than my mother and sister got there midway thru. My mother was a godsend, my hubby was pretty clueless but my mom massaged my legs and knew just what I wanted. For my second my mother had passed away 9 months earlier so my husband and mother-in-law were with me. Although he was very helpful in the beginning when contractions were mild toward the end I just wanted everyone to be quiet so they read books and changed the music when I asked. I'm having my third in August and I'll probably just have hubby there.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
tamaracampbell79

For my four births just a room full of drs. Now I want my husband n mom to be there.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
CPSY212

My husband brought me to the ER.

But with an emergency c-section at 25 weeks the only people that were there who delivered my baby were about the 12 hospital staff members such as: Respiratory Therapists, OB, NICU Nurses, the Neonatologist, Anesthesiologist, Surgeon, and Assistants. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
tamaracampbell79

My husband was there. I had my baby on the 10 th. it was funny though as my mom was on her way but baby decided that I want in to see me out. As he can shortly before she came. My husband was more on the concerned side than supportive side as there were complications. I spent 4 days in hospital n my baby in nicu. But my mom was a godsend as I could hardly walk n she supported me every step of the way. Thanks mom
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
silks52

My husband was in the room for my daughter's birth. He did OK, but he almost got sick when I got my epidural. They hit a nerve and it was extremely painful and it upset him.

Educational Toys
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 572 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: