New Contributor
eightieschick84

The arrival of our son Charlie - First born

[ Edited ]

My husband and I arrived at the hosital around 8.30pm after a very frantic drive stuck behind Sunday drivers, (it was only Wednesday!) I had to tell him to calm down several times as I couldn't concentrate on my Natal Hypnotherapy! My contractions began that afternoon and after calling the hospital around 7pm for the second time, they advised us to come in. On arrival to the delivery suite I went to the window and peered out to see the cathedral illuminated. It looked celestial, angelic even. I am not a religious person, but this gave me instant calm. From that moment on I felt completely in control of what was happening to me. We met the midwife, who was an angel herself. Had it not been for the support of both her and my husband, I may be telling a different story now. As time went on, the sensations became stronger and more intense, the last time I remember seeing the time it was midnight and the lights of the cathedral had just gone out. I concentrated so much on my breathing that it never actually occurred to me to ask for pain relief, in fact, I don't remember thinking that I even needed it. The contractions were managable, and with the combination of my husband and the midwife applying pressure to my lower back and 'shaking the apples' they passed quickly. Then the time came and the midwife was happy for me to start pushing. What felt like ten minutes was actually 45 and in no time at all our son Charlie was born at 3.53am. He entered this world calm and serene, not screaming and kicking, which, in fact worried my husband! I know I was a bit preoccupied but I knew Charlie was fine. In researching and practising Natal Hypnotherapy during my pregnancy I had read several stories of babies being born without a peep, this being due to the calm nature of the mother during delivery. So, this is my story and in sharing it, I hope other future mothers can take salvation in knowing that the birth of your baby doesn't have to be a negative experience, but a wonderful, powerful, positive experience that you will never forget, for all the right reasons.

Posted from Tesco Hudl HT7S3
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: The arrival of our son Charlie - First born

Thank you for sharing! I also really loved my hypnobirths! It really is so amazing what our bodies are able to do.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eightieschick84

It really is! More women should be made aware of what their bodies can do and have confidence and no fear!

Posted from Tesco Hudl HT7S3
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rincon2128

My daughter, my first, also came out quiet into the world. No I did not have a hypnobirth, didn't know about it. She was kind of a typical regular bith. Contractions, pain, cussing, threatening, episiodomy, calm, no pain, birth of child. My mom said shouldn't she be crying or something? The Dr. said no I can tell her lungs are fine she's just tired, she's had a rough day. And she really is a laid back quieter child, 12, but whew stubborn and opinionated!Now my son, my son is a different story, he's now 8 but he came out wailing and hasn't stopped since!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jarm360

[ Edited ]

Thank you for sharing! is wonderfull
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 3,498 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: