Regular Contributor
cassie186

My birth story

[ Edited ]

OK I've already written it out someplace else so it is easier to just link to my blog :smileyhappy:

It's really two birth stories in the blog post, for each of my daughters. My first daughter I had an intense emergency induction and *almost* c-sec but was able to have a high forceps delivery (thankfully!) and my second I had a super easy, amazing hypnobabies experience. I just wish more people would post positive birth stories like my second's was, it would have made my first labor and delivery so much easier and I wouldn't have been nearly so frightened with hers :smileyhappy:

ETA it helps to have the link :smileyhappy: http://cassiedraperphotography.blogspot.com/2013/06/revelations-on-motherhood.html

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: My birth story

Thanks for sharing :smileyhappy:
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
kellzm88

Its kinda of mean to ask that ppl post more good stories like your when every brith story are not the same ...
Posted from Kyocera C5120
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I'm sorry that you feel like I was being mean when I said that I wish more people posted positive birth stories. However when not many people are posting positive birth stories, and instead feel like spilling out every negative point, it does set up a lot of fear and expectations for negative births. I'm not the only person who has felt that way.

If you read my birth stories, you would have found that my first birth wasn't a positive one for me. It was rather tramatic, really. However when I tell people about that I don't tell them all the scary details because that honestly wouldn't really help anyone. It would just scare the crap out of them. I had so many people feel the need to tell me the negative details of their childbirths while leaving out the positive ones that when things started to go bad with my first labor and delivery I was terrified. I just feel like as mothers sometimes it helps others more when we focus on the positives rather than the negatives. It wasn't until I started to focus on the positives that I was able to emotionally heal from my first birth.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amychavis

That's so true cassie especially for first time moms I'm on my fourth baby and my first birth experience was terrifying. it ended in a emergency c-section as mothers we should share what we've been through and if it was bad share the positive points any new mother to be that ask me what to look forward to i always say expect the worse and pray for the best there's really no real way to prepare for your about to experience no two births are alike my last 2 were perfect natural vaginal births I'm now due February 10, 2014 with my first girl and last baby praying for the best but i know anything can happen ill except whatever God has in store for me
Posted from LG L38C
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I think that every woman's birth story can help another in some way.  Positive or negative, they are all experiences that someone has gone through.  Some women have very positive birth experiences and some very negative.  Some births do not go at all as planned.  I appreciated everyone sharing their personal experience with us.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bisabelle52

Every birth story is different negative or positive.Some women feel good when they.tell their birth story . Some women feel they need.to.get it out and talk to someone when.they have a negative one. For my second birth it was.horrible and it was even worse because my son had to be in the NICU but ladys all and all we all end up with a beautiful precious gift from GOD
Posted from Kyocera C5170
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,183 members 197,086 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: