New Contributor
sanchez7adriana

My birth experience

On the week of my due date ii noticed ii was spotting blood. I called my OB clinic concerned and they instructed me to go to labor and delivery to make sure my water wasn't broken.

I showed up to find out I was leaking and the nurses informed me that I will stay to have my child. I was excited, nervous, happy and scared all at the same time. I was filled with excitement and can feel myself shaking thinking "it's time."

My labor was induced due to my leakage. The nurse that I was assigned to made my labor a lot easier as well; for which she teamed up with my husband making jokes and clowning me. They made it fun through my pain of contractions❤️

The time came when ii couldn't handle the pain and I was without medication. No epidural, Motrin no anesthesia. In my head I was thinking "crazy girl you're actually going to do it" at this point I was focused on the pain and couldn't talk.

When the time came to push The Doctor Wasn't In The Room!!!!!! So I was trying to hold my baby in due to the nurses instructions. 15 minutes went by and I'm in the biggest pain I had ever felt doctor wasn't coming but the baby was. And I'm sorry nurse I just had to push and in a "practice push" BOOM my baby slid out into the bed!! It was so quick and ii thought to myself "all that pain for one second?!" My baby was nice to me and came out in one push with no doctor in the room; and a minute later the doctor walked inside.

I got to say. All that pain was worth it. I love my son. Named him Clark and his a month old now
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cams-mom1

Re: My birth experience

4 weeks before my due date I had incredible pain. I tried to power through for 4 days, knowing it was a kidney stone. I finally went to the hospital, where they monitered me for 2 days before putting a stent in. They gave me an epidural, but I had to be awake for the surgery. There was a nurse monitering contractions, and about halfway through they were 4 minutes apart, and the staff were talking over my head about the possibility of a c-section. But everything calmed down, and I went home the next day. I had bad back pain for the next couple of weeks, along with Braxton hicks every few hours. I went to a July 4th party a week before my due date, feeling exhausted. By the time I got home around 730, my contractions were an hour apart. By 930, we were packing, but decided to wait to go to the hospital until the contractions were 8 minutes apart. Because of the stent, I had to use the bathroom each contraction, and being on my hands and knees was more comfortable. My hubby fell asleep in between each contraction, which flip flopped between 6 and 15 minutes apart. By 230, we called my dad to come stay with our older child, and tried to head to the car
But I could feel the baby shifting through my pelvic bone, and didn't think I would make it. My dad showed up, and was waiting at the end of the hall. A contraction hit, and he started doing Lamaze breathing, and actually made me laugh.
I made it to the door, but insisted the baby was coming right then. My dad helped me out to the car, where my water broke, and I could feel the head. I again insisted the baby was coming now. My dad used his dad means business voice, and tried to order me in the car.
I climbed in the front seat, on my knees facing backwards. I yelled this baby is coming now! My husband reached over and felt the head between my legs. I would pay to see the look exchanged behind my back.
As my hubby raced around to the other side, I yelled " pull down my pants and catch!" Luckily I was wearing a long shirt. But the baby was halfway out by the time my hubby got there, the umbilical cord tangled around his arm, my dad cradling him. They worked together to quickly untangle him, and he slid out. We wrapped him in a towel, turned on the heater, and called 911. It was 3am. It took 15 minutes for the ambulance to get there ant cut the cord so I could get out of the car, the baby had been resting on my legs the whole time.
There was quite the crowd of people there to meet the ambulance at the hospital.
This was 2 years ago, and he is a typical 2 year old
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annaadriane1

Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
alexismiller85

This made me laugh and tear up just because being prego makes me extremely emotional...I feel like even if its a womans first child, she knows her body and baby better than anyone else!! Glad your husband and dad quickly grasped the fact you were right! Congrats on having a healthy delivary without the help of any medical staff!!

Mommy2Be in April

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,368 members 214,860 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: