jenniferrhees

Re: Tell us about your funny kiddos!

[ Edited ]

My six year old, Jacob, has been reading Garfield.  One day, we were walking through the mall and passed a couple of teenage girls.  Jacob turns to them and says, "Lookin' good, ladies."  It took me a minute to process that Jacob had actually said that.  Fortunately, the girls were completely oblivious to my son's remarks, though the couple walking behind us got a really good laugh!

Jennifer Rhees
Jacob, age 6
Boise, Idaho

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Haha, cute!!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ohioreb

Last night, my 3 year old daughter, Riley, was praying before bed & I suggested she could thank Jesus for her toys. She said, "tankoo JeeJee fuh toyys." Then, in a deep, husky voice, she said, "you're wekkom Ri-eeey."
Posted from LG L75C
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ohioreb

^^^ { Riley, age 3, Louisa Virginia } :smileywink:
Posted from LG L75C
Please use plain text.
stoettcher1

[ Edited ]
My 5 year old son asked me the other day " mom, when i came out of your belly were daddy and i already best friends?"

So cute!,,,

Stephanie T.
Son milo, age 5
newton, MA
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
lauriqs

I keep a journal for each of my kids recording some of the cute things they do or say over the years. These are some of my favorites:

At 4 months pregnant, my 6 yr old Brooke excitedly tells me "Look Mom! Baby is growing in your hips too!"

My 4 yr old Haley wrote a bunch of random letters on a paper, some of them backwards, then ran over to show them to me and asked what they spelled. Distracted I said "i dont know Haley, it looks Russian to me." She proudly walked over to show sister her paper and said "look Brookie! I wrote that we in a rush!"

Brooke- "Mommy, I know what the brown part of a tree is called. It's the Rufff!"

Haley at age 3, after I asked if she wet her pants. "No Mommy! I not pee my pants! I not poop my pants! See?! I wearing a skirt!" (Future lawyer!)

Brooke asked how old I was and I decided a little lie wouldnt hurt, so I told her 21. She says "Cool! I cant wait until I'm 21 and I have 3 kids!"

Rushing to get everyone dressed and out the door my 3 yr old Haley asks "what can I do Mommy?" Flustered I mumbled "get Mommy a jack & coke?" She yelled OK! and ran off leaving me worrying about whether she knew i was joking until she came running back with arms full saying "Here you go Mommy! Heres you jacket, and heres you coat!"

I recommend starting a similar journal for your kiddos. They love hearing the funny stories just as much as I love remembering them.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

So funny!
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 254 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: