Visitor
quartzn99

Very content baby turns into a clingy non-stop screamer... HELP!!!!

I am losing my mind at this point. My 8 mo son has always been very content with life and hasn't fussed about mush of anything unless something was really wrong. The last few days he has been a very clingy screamer. I have never had problems getting him to eat but now he screams like he is getting hurt until I just give in and give him a bottle. Fortunately he does not do this with every meal but it is frequent enough to be a major challenge. We have been through a few moves over the last couple months but he seemed to be settleing into our new home and was not having these issues. I am not seeing signs of him teething.

What can I do to get him to quit screaming all the time and eat again? I have tried being extra supportive and responsive (did not work) I have tried making his meals a little early so he doesn't get overly hungry (did not work) I have tried letting him cry it out (he screams for over 10 minutes and I respond) I have tried putting him in his room to let him cry it out alone (again screams over 10 minutes and I respond). I don't know what else to do.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Very content baby turns into a clingy non-stop screamer... HELP!!!!

My first thought as a mom is that something in fact is wrong. I would take him to the doctor to rule out anything like an ear infection, a stomach problem or something that might be irritating him.

You said it is frequently at meal time, maybe there is something he is eating that doesn't agree with him?

I wish I could help more but I really think the best thing to do is start with the doctor to rule out anything serious.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 1,386 members 218,526 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: