Occasional Contributor
jinny43532

Re: Sleeping thru the night

"Just because it's hard for you doesnt mean it isnt what is best for them....babies will surprise you with how self sufficient they can be." I completely agree. It has been so tough for me to ignore the crying but in the end it all works out for the better.

Board member at LearnGarden.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
katychessher

Is your baby swaddled when sleeping? This helped our daughter to sleep longer periods of time. Once she outgrew the swaddle due to rolling over we switched to the sleep sack. I was nervous it wouldn't work as well but finding the right one was the key. We use the zipadee zip and it worked like a charm! She felt so cozy that she didn't cry much at all. Hope this is helpful for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hilkers

Check out this video series that shows a sleep expert working with real parents and their babies in their homes at http://www.parents.com/baby/sleep/911

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
teresabebe21

I completely agree with you. It amazes me how many parents are ok with hearing their babies cry at night, alone in another room. It's heartbreaking and I don't care how many times I have to get up at night to soothe my eight month old, I refuse to put him through that. It does get hard sometimes to keep waking up when I'm in the middle of deep sleep but I don't have the heart to ignore him just for my personal comfort. It seems everyone around me has the "let your kid cry all night" philosophy and they try to make me feel like I'm the bad person for going to him every time he cries. I'm glad I am not alone in the way I approach this situation and it just reminds me that I don't have to do what everyone else does or raise my child the way everyone else sees fit. I am going to continue doing what is best for my son, and that is being there for him whenever he needs me, day or night. 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 451 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: