Occasional Visitor
e_lim81

Re: Sleeping thru the night

I agree with you and isn't it heartbreaking everytime your little one cries so much because they need their mommies? His doctor suggested the "cry-out" method too and after trying it for just 1 night, I decided I couldn't deal with it.

Please use plain text.
hhall1110

[ Edited ]

Just because it's hard for you doesnt mean it isnt what is best for them....babies will surprise you with how self sufficient they can be. The first night is always the hardest but I saw drastic improvement in just two nights PLUS the ferber method suggests you wait to go in to comfort baby a couple minutes longer each time and when you go in you go in for 2-3 minutes which is plenty of time to get them calmed down and feeling like you'll be there for them throughout the night. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
larissaspurgeon90

Yes the ferber method is amazing.... its not that you are having your child Cry it out... but its letting them know that it is bed time. The ferber method allows you to go in the room ever 10/15 min. Of crying to calm them down and then walk away you continue to repete it until the child falls asleep. 

Posted from Nextbook NX008HD8G
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ad0586

[ Edited ]

HI abeckham4, what do you exacty by 'dont have the option to let the baby cry it out'? What is your situation? Is it like mine, with multiple kids in one room? Is it because of where you live? Just trying to think of other ways you can teach your baby to learn how to calm him/herself on his/her own.

I am not a fan of any methods. I think everyday is a different day and it requires different approaches. However, I do believe in letting your baby cry a little just so she can learn how to calm themselfs down. Also, who know if the baby is crying for other reason other then mommy or daddy? When I am very tired and cant go to sleep i get upset, toss and turn and would probably even cry if i 'could'. If my mom (or any one else) would come to my bed pick me up, or even touch, it would probably even make me more upset cause all I am trying to do is sleep and here you are waking me up! So.... wait and see if your baby really needs help or comfort before storming in there just because their is a little cry. :smileyhappy:

My 2cents - everyone has their own

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shortey313

I cant use the cry out method or have them cry. I live in an apartment and my neighbors complain they cant sleep everytime the twins cry. I;m trying to find a new place bot for the meantime I have to keep them quiet at night

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abeckham4

Hi ad0586, No we do not have the room availability for my daughter to have her own room. She has had to stay in our room since she's been born. She is now 14 months old, and still will not sleep thru the night. Even tho I am a full-time employee, I can handle staying up at night, but my husband cannot. I also have 3 other children who can hear her at night as well. They can't stay up listening to her cry at night because they have school.  So I have to quiet her down every time she wakes up. Which is usually 2-3 times a night. She just tosses and turns all night. Once she wakes up, however, she will only go back to sleep in my bed, with a pacifier, and sometimes has to has a drink. I usually fall back asleep before I can return her to her bed. We are able to do the bedtime routine some of the time, but since we are at ballgames (3-4 nights a week) until late at night, there is little time for that.

She is not hungry, or wet, or sick, etc. when she goes to bed. So Idk why she wakes up.....habit I think!! But I have no clue how get her to sleep thru the night. I did not have this problem with my other children, so I'm lost!!

Thanks for listening!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marysol_2994

LOVE THIS!

it's very true, my daughter wouldn't stop crying and I just felt bad I couldn't just let her cry

I talked to someone once and they told me why would you let her cry are you crazy shes just a baby!

you can't spoil a baby with too much love excuse my language but people that think like that are full of **bleep**.

Babies obviously can't talk maybe something hurts, maybe they just need some soothing.

Everyone's parenting is different but I feel horrible for the babies that are left crying all night.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 61 members 16,935 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: