New Contributor
abeckham4

Sleeping thru the night

What do you do when you don't have the option to let your baby "cry it out" at night?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ad0586

Re: Sleeping thru the night

I am actually on the same boat. I have twin girls and when one wakes up I run to run because I dont want the other to wake up. What can I do? Anyone has any good tips? My girls are 9 month olds and wake up at least once a night. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shortey313

please someone give pointers , my twins are 9 months old and wake up every 4 hours. but not at the same time so i'm up every 2 hours trying to get them back to sleep

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
larissaspurgeon90

Try The Ferber Method... Just Google Ferber Method And It Will Describe What To Do. I Had Troubles With My Baby And The Doctor recommended This. Hope Everything Gets Better!
Posted from Motorola MOTXT912B
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rnhady

I'm sure some people may not like my response, but I'm not going to apoligize.  I tried the cry-it-out method with my first child and she and I just could not handle it.  It's wrong to let your child cry and cry.  They need you for some reason or another - even just soothing to go to fall back asleep.  Therefore, I'm a converted "cry-it-out mom" to a "parent day and night type of mom".  If your child crys during the day for you and you respond to them, then why should it be any different at night?  My 4 year old daughter still likes it when I'm by her when she falls asleep at night but now can get up in the middle of the night and fall back asleep by herself - she know's I'll be there if she needs me.  I have a 5 month old that still sleeps in our room (in a co-sleeper next to our bed).  He's a horrible sleeper and gets up every 2-3 hours a night.  But, I've never let him cry - he starts tossing and turning and all I have to do is put my hand on his chest and he falls back asleep.  He also knows that I'm there for him all the time. And, FYI - I'm a full-time mom and full-time employee (I work 45+ hours a week).

What's wrong with being a parent day and night and encouraging safety and security for your children?  I definately don't see there being safety and security when you let a child cry it out in the middle of the night just so that you can get a little more sleep - deal with it, being a parent means being there for your children 24/7.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
loliveto1

Letting a baby or child cry causes anxiety in them and makes them feel as if no one is there to comfort them. I do not let my toddler cry for more than 10 minutes. If I wait a few minutes, he will sometimes fall back asleep on his own. if he doesn't, he needs something. If that is reassurance, then so be it. We all need that.. child or adult. I do not understand why people try to treat children as different human beings than the rest of us in regard to their needs. Would you ignore and older child, spouse, friend, etc. who was crying?

Please use plain text.
tanyaleelopez

I share the same philosophy. I don't see anything wrong with comforting your child.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 848 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: