r.harris1

Nights with 2 Month Old

Hi everyone,

I'm a father of a 2 month old(corrected), and I'm finding nights to be a strain, on both myself and my relationship with my fiance.
We currently are taking turns, alternating nights, waking up to feed and change my son. He is bottle fed due to some complications during and after the pregnancy. I'm finding that when I wake up during the night, I have a short fuse and get frustrated easily. I'm normally a very patient person, but I'm surprising myself with how tough it is for me to function during the night.
Wondering if anyone has any advice on a different system of waking up with the baby or has dealt with this themselves.
Posted from BlackBerry Z10
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: Nights with 2 Month Old

I think it works a lot better at that age to alternate turns instead of nights since they are still waking up so much at night. There are a few things that I've found that have helped get baby sleeping more at night on that age. One of the biggest ones is to keep the room temp up higher, my girls's room the temp is always set between 68 and 70. If it is even only 65 they wake up a little more often. 60 and they wake up a lot. The other thing you can try is feeding him his bottles more often during the day. Try finding him a little blanket and have mommy wear it around under her shirt for the day and then give it to him at night. Since it smells like her it might help him sleep better.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: Nights with 2 Month Old

Hang in there!! Thats the best advice anyone can really give you! I was breastfeeding, so usually it was me getting up, but DH got up and offered moral support alot of times (although not as often as I thought he should through my sleepless eyed goggles..lol). You both will be grumpy towards one another for awhile..thats just the way things go. Best thing to do if you are worried about hurting your fiance's feelings is sit her down and both of you have a talk about how you dont mean whats said and if there are short tempers, its lack of sleep. Sometimes this was all the assurance I needed! In a couple more months, baby should begin to sleep for longer stretches :smileywink: just hang in there! It IS difficult, but it does improve!

my DD was sleeping for 4-6 hours at 4 months and through the night by 7 months

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,499 members 168,586 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: