New Contributor
jessica28894

Need advice on which stroller to buy

I like to get the most for my money so when purchasing our crib we bought one with the changing table attached. Instead of buying both a crib & bassinet we bought a pack n play with both. I don't need the top of the line item, but also don't want the cheapest because I want it to be good quality.

I've been trying to find a travel system that is economical and has good reviews. I'm looking for a travel system with a jogger stroller because I'm a runner & plan on getting back into it once baby arrives. I've looked at various stores, read hundreds of reviews and still feel LOST!

The issue I'm finding is that some reviews for travel systems show that the mom loves the stroller, but hates car seat or vice versa. I just want a durable stroller (good wheels) and a comfortable car seat for baby. Why is this so hard. Anyone have any tips?? The brands I've looked most at based on other websites I've read reviews on are Bob (best joggers I hear), Britax and Baby Trend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Baby will be here no later then 7/25.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: Need advice on which stroller to buy

I have a BOB jogging stroller, but its an excellent everyday stroller as well! It does have quite the pricetag, but you can buy whatever brand carseat you want, they make an adapter, and you can make your very own travel system!

I paid $360 for mine, and I would totally do it again!! I no longer have a squeak whereever i go, no more getting stuck on corners, and feeling like I'm dragging, rather than pushing my stroller around.

when I first had my DD, I had a Graco travel system. I thought that was great, until I pushed the BOB..then I wondered why I had not gotten it sooner. Besides, it goes up to 70lbs, vs 50, comes in neutral colors, so if you have another, you can reuse it. AND, BOB has a higher resale value than Graco or another cheaper brand. I hope that helps! :smileyhappy:

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jessica28894

Thanks so much for your response! I have been starting to lean more towards getting a Bob because I hear really good things about them as far as joggers go. I didn't think about the resale value! That make sme feel better about the cost. I think Babies R Us has a sale right now for them so that's even better.

It's also good to know that I can use any carseat with it so long as a buy the adapter. Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

for a carseat I recommend a chicco or brittax.. but Graco is also good.

The BOB is AMAZING.. I can't begin to say enough good things about it! The only bad thing is needing a pump if you get the regular bike looking tires,(and you would think that they would give you one as expensive as they are!). But if you get the other tires, this isn't a worry. It is definitely worth the money! I really wish I had it from the beginning. I had a babytrend umbrella stroller too. I got rid of the graco and babytrend in favor of the BOB. :smileyhappy:

and I'll also throw in my other favorite baby gadget: The Ergo Carrier! You'll need a newborn insert for the first few months, but I had 2 different cheap carriers, which would have added up to the cost of the Ergo by the time I finished wasting money. The Ergo goes up to 50lbs *more than any other carrier*. My daughter is 20 months and loves it still.

It is definitely true when they say "you get what you pay for" in this catagory. :smileyhappy:

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
ksales31

Chicco actually has a brand new jogging stroller on the market. It is pricey for the car seat and stroller combo but I have been very impressed with earlier Chicco products. We are using our Chicco car seat for our second daughter now and we just upgraded the big travel system stroller to the Litewe i get Plus Stroller. I love all of the features the Chicco products offer. Babies R Us has the new Chicco jogger so you should definitely check it,out!
Posted from Generic Android
Please use plain text.
mattbethol72972

I also fell in live with the BOB and am like you, wanting to cost save. With the high price tag and all the extras to purchase, I researched and chose the schwinn. It has the front wheel lock up top for easy release and lock. It has the front tray that every kid needs when a bit older for drink and food. It has a small speaker that you can hook to your music. Shocks, nice wheels and decent price. Multiple colors was nice and rhe canopy can adjust and go all the way down. I paid $269. Fits my car seat...baby trend which is slender in size so fits my car with additional boosters in there also.
Posted from Nokia Lumia 520
Please use plain text.
shellylynnjaco1

We have a Graco Click Connect. It came with the stroller base, stroller, & snug ride 35. I believe they also have it in a jogging style.

The basket is huge, it rolls nicely and the stroller fully reclines.

She's 13 months old and I still use it everywhere. We've even used it as a bed at grandma's in a pinch.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,425 members 172,733 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: