rannaichang79

Re: Feeding Difficulties

Have a swallow study done on him
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aabynah111

My son is 10 months old he sounds exactly like your son! The only difference is that I've nursed him exclusively from birth. I introduced solids shortly after he turned 6 months and he has shown no interest in any kind of baby food. Every time he has a doctor's visit I'm told he needs to gain more weight. Thank you for sharing with us. It's good to know we're not alone.
Posted from Samsung SGH-M919
Please use plain text.
Visitor
wendybarona14

hi there!! well now i have a 14 month old he had a very rough start very bumpy he was full term but i dont wish this to anyone!! so because of that he wasent meeting his milestones like right now hes on a 6-7 month old baby level he doesnt eat table food hes not allowed to have it! other wise he loves it and he asked for more! he can have purees only and his cup with ALIMENTUM formula and baby cereal ofcourse, he started on phisical therapy since january this year, and now he has pt, ot, nutrition, speech-feeding and speech, tow different speech therapists he doesnt walk  yet he drags himself so he moves pretty fast and gets everywhere! he can crawl but not a 100% yet he starting to hold on up specially from his crib but you have to guard him closely! so i would say you might not only need an ot, but speech therapist and mainly one that focuses more on the feeding? and might need a swallow study done, that could help you figure out something thats been there but you just dont know it yet!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
nicoledrapeau

My daughter has always been on the small side (she is now 15 months). I ended up having to supplement and she would, like your son, only 3-4 ounces at a time. I called in an occupational therapist to access her. She told me that she was fine and try and increase the time between feedings. I was so worried about her weight that I just kept trying to feed her all of the time which is why she was eating so little.
It was a really difficult time for me. I did not like to constantly hear "Oh she is so small. Was she premature?" I got so caught up in what other people thought about her size that I stopped going out in public with her. Now at 15 months she is still small, she is only 19 lbs. She is a very picky eater and I get easily frustrated when she doesn't eat. The doctor says that because the velocity of her growth is consistent she is growing according to her body type.
I had a similar situation with my son and he had blood work done. He was just a small baby.

I think it is fine that your son is still waking up 2-3 time a night. My friend's son work up 3-4 time until 12 months! I think you should go with your mom intuition, if you don't think it is a problem, it isn't. He is perfect! You are a great mom and doing a fabulous job!
Please use plain text.
karin.monreal1

Yes a swallow study would be the best way to see if he may have a problem . My daughter would not eat any solids and when she would try she would spit them out or choke. The swallow study showed us she aspirated all thin liquids and had problems with her tongue bringing the food back to swallow. She is in therapy now and making some progress.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 492 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: