ModChristine

Do you ever regret the name you chose?

I have a friend who has an infant and she shared privately with me that she secretly regrets the name she chose for her baby. Has anyone else experienced this? She said now that baby is a couple of months old, she just doesn't feel the name fits her baby.
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bubatora

Re: Do you ever regret the name you chose?

Hi! I have a friend who is in the same situation!
she became mom last January and called her daughter "Vittoria" (we are italian) , she was sure of that name, and liked it very much, but few weeks later she changed her daughter's name in "Gaia" because she was feeling bad about her choise.... fine but a week later she have changed again in "Alessia"...... fine but now she comes back on "Vittoria"... I think that it is postpartum depression...

unfortunately this isn't a joke...that is true

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Oh wow!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
jilldrake2000

Interesting that this is a discussion topic b/c my husband and I were a little regretful. Let me explain: we tried for four years to have our son and we were finally blessed April 2, 2014. Since my husband's father died when he was 12, and my mother died when I was 12, we wanted to honor both of our deceased parents in his name. So, his first name is Agustin (pronounced"Augustine") and his middle name is Jones (my mother's maiden name). Anyone who hears his name says "so what are you going to call him", like it's rocket science to pronounce his name. Also, the reason it is spelled the way it is, is b/c my FIL was from Cuba, therefore his name is spelled the Hispanic way. Long story short, we just don't want kids making fun of him when he gets older. Any advice?
Posted from Nokia Lumia 810
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jinny43532

If you think the name Agustin Jones will be problematic and could cause for bullying when he is older, I think going as A.J. would be a good option. This way he can still hold the value of his name and avoid confusion and kids possibly making fun of him. Plus its short, easy to remeber, and fun. As he gets even older he will most likely embrace his name and cherish it. I would not regret naming him something so meaningful.

Board member at LearnGarden.com
Please use plain text.
faycantorstephens

Personally I love the name Augustin and do not think that the possibility of being made fun of is a reason to change it. Kids will always find something to make fun of no matter what a child's name is. Stick to your guns! Augustin is a good, strong and stylish name.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
tmclaughlin331

My husband wanted to name our second son Alexander.  I realy didn't want that name at all and made it quite clear prior to his birth.   On the day I went in to labor the contractions turned out to be much more painful than with my first son.  We had to drive 45 minutes to get to the hospital durring the summer, durring road construction.    It was the closest hospital that would do a v-bac. (Atempted natural birth after a previouse c-section)   The labor was so painful I begged for drugs the moment I was rolled through the door.    After a while it was clear to all of us that another c-section was needed.   Unlike my first c-section I was druged up and very agreeable.  So when Alex was born they asked for a name and my husband said Alexander. I smiled and agreed.   When the drugs wore off I was a bit angry at my husband, and for months after I continued to dislike the name and wanted to leagaly change it as soon as possible.   Well I never got around to changing it, and now hes six.  After a while I got use to his name and I couldn't imagin him not being my little Alex.  

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 576 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: