New Contributor
eilidh-mairimarlow

4month old random crying

Hello
My 4 month old is very good sleeps through the night and has a daily routine
But lately he's been crying a lot during the day
He will cry randomly when he does I chagehis nappies and give him a hug till he stops but then a lot of the time now he he starts crying again as soon as I put him down then will stop for a minute after I've picked him up again
I know it's nt because he's hungry because he has a bottle ever 4 hours during the day and has plenty of ounces aswell plus he's on hungry babies formula.
Does this sound like teething or just clingy ness I try not to pick him up all the time when he cries I do give him a lot of me and him time during the day.

Any advice would be great
Thank you
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mickandheids

Re: 4month old random crying

Hey! 

Try the following - put your baby in your stroller, place a clothiung hanger on the floor and roll your stroller over it back and forth. My nephew falls asleep immediately. 

If this doesn't work, follow the following:

Dr. Harvey Karp’s 5 S's

If your baby seems to be crying for “no reason,” pediatrician Harvey Karp advises parents to use the Five S's, which recreate the womb environment and activate your baby’s calming reflex.

• Swaddling. Wrap your baby in a blanket so he feels secure.
  • Side or stomach position. Hold your baby so he's lying on his side or stomach. But always put him on his back when he goes to sleep.
  • Shushing. Create "white noise" that drowns out other noises: run the vacuum cleaner, hair drier, fan or clothes drier.
  • Swinging. Create a rhythmic motion of any kind. For example, take your baby for a ride in a stroller or car.
  • Sucking. Let the baby suck on something, such as a pacifier.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
katychessher

We did the 5 S's too... When our LO outgrew the swaddle though i was very nervous if she would sleep ok. We transitioned her to a sleep sack that worked so well. She loved it! We used the zipadee zip. We tried several but this one was much better and super cute patterns. I hope you can get your LO to sleep and get some rest too!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
asalusky211

My peanut is 4 1/2 months old and she has started to do this as well. She has one tooth breaking through on the bottom and the other tooth is budding right next to it. I find that she likes to be held alot more now and she also likes to nurse more often as this is soothing to her. Have lots of teethers on hand with lots of different textures. I have a munchin teething ball that has lots of different protrusions from it with different textures on it that my LO loves. She also likes the teethers that vibrate when she bites on them. You might also want to try cooling the teethers as well either in the fridge or freezer as this will help numb the gums and give your LO some comfort. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 3,464 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: