johannakeeney1

2month old random crying

My 2 mo old is breastfed mostly and bottle fed once or twice during the day but sometimes I feel like i breast feed her every hour.  If i put her down she cries bloody murder till I pick her up and then she is fine.  I sometimes give her too much formula because she acts like she is starving and then she throws up.  It is driving me crazy bc she is not hungry, not wet, and she still won't take a long nap unless we are in the car.  I need HELP....I am really starting to rethink breastfeeding bc it just takes up too much of my time and I have a 2 yr old as well.  Any tips?!?  I will try anything!! 

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: 2month old random crying

Have you spoken with her pediatrician about it? If not I would start there so that you can try and rule out a physical problem like reflux or food intolerances. Simply switching to formula won't fix either of those problems.

New Contributor
sachristiansen05

Is there anything in your diet that may be upsetting her tummy? Spicy food? Dairy? Also, is she having bowel movements regularly? My son had this problem too and it ended up being just tummy troubles. We gave him a very small amount of prune juice in a bottle that I pumped twice a day and eventually he got back to normal. I know how frustrating it is so just try to be patient and definately ask your pediatrician if you still have concerns. Hope this helps!

New Contributor
amu.temp

Her nose might be stuffy. Offer her pacifiers and saline spray. These help my daughter a lot. Best of luck.
Posted from Generic Android
Occasional Visitor
ronnie.mea

I would suggest baby wearing. This would allow your 2 month old to sleep in a pouch while you tend to your 2 year old. I mix-feed as well since my son was not able to thrive on bm alone. He is now 18 months and continuing to bf was one of the best decisions I made. Keep strong!
Posted from Motorola XT1032
pellerin_maryse

I had the same problem. My child was really colicky. Someone suggest me getting drops called "BioGaia" at the drugstore. Not sure where you live but in Canada, it's in the fridge over the counter, so you'll have to ask your pharmacist. No prescription needed. Give it a try !!! My newborn doesn't cry as much and I no longer have to hold him all the time... And I breastfeed too !
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
mamaenmontreal

Do you have a baby bouncer? Mine used to cry a lot when not being held until we discovered that she loved to be there. We used one from Fisher Price that vibrates, and that was very relaxing for her. When she was bigger (4 months old) I started to wear her in a baby carrier (I used the Baby Bjorn), wich O really recommend to you. Good luck!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 461 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: