New Contributor
rociolpz11

Paranoid about EVERYTHING

I'm a first time mom, who is a little crazy to begin with... I'm alwasy scared that I have certain things, if I hear about a flu epidemic the next day I'll feel flu like symptoms stuff like that. So, now I'm terrified that everything I do might make me have a miscarriage.  I just found out I was pregnant last week, went to the doctor and they confirmed. During the holidays I was celebrating having a few drinks, nothing too crazy but now I'm scared that might be harmful... I also started working out last week of December, I used to run but in the last 2 years I put on 20lbs and stopped most physical activity. Now I'm scared that working out will be harmful... I'm also scared that my seat warmers are harmful... I keep reading that the 1st trimester is when you should be the most careful, but since I didn't find out I was pregnant till almost 7 weeks in I'm scared somethign I did before might hurt my baby. :smileysad: I need help!! I'm freaking myself out!!! 

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Paranoid about EVERYTHING

I understand!  If it makes you feel any better, I drank socially before I knew I was pregnant with my son and he was FINE!  I also cleaned out my pool in 100+ degree temps, sweating and HARD physical labor with my 2nd pregnancy not knowing I was pregnant.  I was terrified that I had done something to harm the baby.  I didn't!  You would be suprised how hearty they can be even early on.  That said, make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins and taking care of yourself now.  Tell your doctor your concerns and as long as he/she give you the ok, try to be ok with doing it :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rociolpz11

Re: Paranoid about EVERYTHING

Thank you! I know most of it is just me being crazy, but I can't help it. Should probably stop reading so much... 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 292 members 50,962 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: