New Contributor
5bailey5

Over 35 and anxious

I'm 38 and had a miscarriage in June. So techically this is my 2nd pregnancy.  I'm now at 12 weeks, 3 days and I feel a little less stressed about a possible miscarriage, but I'm really anxious about the increased odds of chromosonal disorders for women over 35. I had the testing done last week, but I don't know when the results will be in (the lab tech said one week and the Dr. said 2).  I've read all the statistics over and over, but I can't stop worrying.  Is there anyone else here over 35?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kholdrea

Re: Over 35 and anxious

I am not but I am just as nervous! Both my mom and aunt had kids over 35 and we turned out great :smileyhappy:. My aunt had my cousin at 41. Let us know how it goes-will be thinking of you.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
laurettamorey

I am currently 35, but will be 36 before the baby comes. I too am pretty anxious. I'm at 12 weeks today and I'm going in for my second Ultrasound. I opted not to have the genetic test done. I figure no matter what is wrong with the baby there isn't much I can do about it, and I'm going to love her/him with all my heart. 

I do understand though the torture you must be going through with the wait! I wake up everyday and I'm thankful that everything seems AOK and another day bit the dust. 

The best unsolicited advice I can give, is just take it day by day, stay away from Evil Dr. Google. Listen to your body and DON'T STRESS (at least don't stress if you can help it) 

I really don't have any local friends that I can speak with about my thoughts or fears (as most of them have already had their children and are getting ready to push them out the door) So I am always looking for someone who is in a similar situation as myself to connect with. If you would like I can give you my contact information for communication. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
shaylawahl1

I'm 35 and will be 36 in June!  I just found out I was preg 2 1/2 weeks ago.  I did not know about this? I already have alot to worry about because my bby was exsposed to several medications that can cause birth defects and premature birth from not knowing I was preg.  This just made my worries worse!  I also just miscarried in Oct, and got preg again in that same month.  I'm having to go through all of this alone the father is 10yrs younger than me, he has a 2yr old son he loves but can't provide for but spends as much time with him as the mom allows.  But my bbys dad just don't act like he cares about this bby? He just checked out on me totally...  I have no other help or support so was looking to find other mommy's to be my age and single that are maybe local to talk to maybe even get together with just not sure where to look?  What's meant to be, will be! Worrying is pointless.    

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
5bailey5

Thanks for the reply.  The tests results came back and everything looks great.  I'm a worrier by nature, but that certainly helps me bring it down a notch or two :smileyhappy:  I hope everything continues to go well for you.  I am just over 15 weeks now and have my next check up tomorrow.  

How are you sleeping? That seems to be my biggest issue at the moment.  I just can't get comfortable even with a body pillow.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
5bailey5

Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry you feel alone.  Babies are resilient so I wouldn't worry too much about the medications, etc. that the baby was exposed to early on  Just take care of yourself and like you told me, worrying is poinless :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
dodgegrl2012

The abnormalities come about around 9weeks normally resulting in miscarriage I'll be 37 this is my second my boy will be 12 um worried about losing this baby but have faith God wants this little one here. My hubby got fixed some years ago and here we are :-)
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 1,539 members 260,365 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: