Re: Hi August 2014 Moms!

#3 due August 13!
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marli0110

Hi,

I recently found out I was pregnant for the first time. My husband and I have been trying for 16 months, so we are extremely excited. On about 5 weeks it was confirmed with a blood test and a u/s. On Monday I started cramping and had some brown spotting. After a visit to the hospital, they said my hcg count dropped which made us think I had a miscarriage.

A visit to my gynie the next day showed a teeny little beating heart! We were so relieved and happy. Think the drop might have been due to vanishing twin/blighted ovum. Dr put me on progesterone and bed rest. Unfortunately still bleeding and cramping, but seeing the dr on Tuesday again. Hoping and praying everything is still ok with our lil angel.

Apologies for the mouthful, but in case someone is going thru the same thing, keep praying, everything will turn out ok.

Congrats on to all the mommies in the making!
Marli
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
sozins3256

When expecting #6, I had some of that brown spotting.  Went to the doc right before Thanksgiving, and there was no heartbeat.  He said maybe we'd hear it in a week.  So I had to wait until after the whole holiday weekend, worrying and praying and thinking the worst.  When I went back, we heard a nice healthy heartbeat.  With #9, the way I found out I was expecting was, I was having these really weird sporadic "periods," or so I thought.  I was also having lower abdominal pain.  My doc told me to get an abdominal ultrasound to find out what was going on.  The sonographer told me I was 8 wks pregnant!  As the bleeding continued, we were told we were losing the baby.  My doc at the time was a horrible, callous woman who actually said to me, "Well, when you have so many, you have to expect to lose a few!"  I talked to the doula that had helped me deliver #8 at home, and she suggested I just go through it at home, and just be watchful for anything extreme.  She recommended a Catholic DO, who had 10 kids of his own (at the time- now they have 12, I think), who I knew would treat my loss with more respect and compassion.  Anyway, I never DID have a miscarriage.  I stayed on bedrest for the first trimester, felt great for the second one, and then my water broke at 30 wks.  I had to go live at the hospital until I was 34 wks to deliver the baby early.  She only had to spend 10 days in the NICU.  It was absolutley a miracle.  Whatever God's plan is for you and your little one, I will pray for you.  God bless!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marli0110

Thanks Sozins, God truely is amazing!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
r_mekeel

I'm due approximately August 14 according to lmp. Go for an ultrasound January 9. I'm a first time mom and new to everything.
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
tnjohnson820

Just took a test on yesterday!!! I will go to the doctor in a few weeks to confirm! I am so excited! This will be my 4th child. should be due August 24. We will see in a few weeks!
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BeffaFeffa

Hi there -- 

I'm a first time mommy, due on August 2, 2014. I've had plenty of practice with my boyfriend's four-year-old, but this is an entirely new adventure! 

Looking forward to sharing with those who know exactly how I feel! 

Beth

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 31 members 654 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: