ava.norman

Re: Having a girl need help with the name...

What about Hadlee or Anslee, I know one of each and they love their names?  I don't actually mind Ridlee but like of riddles when I hear it.

Please use plain text.
sarah.dscorp

My daughter's name is Kaylee.

Ridlee is not too appealing to me either.

Sarah (Mom to Kaylee, 2.5 years old)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shamberleemcca1

Ridlee is a totally "make fun of my name at school" so I would forgo that option. You can steal my name!! I get lots of components when people hear it SHAMBERLEE :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shamberleemcca1

Compliments* dang auto correct....
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jaxanixa1

To be honest, you should go with what YOUR heart tells you. So many times we try to please others and our own likes are buried by the well intentions of others. This is your child. This is your baby. When she grows up, she will ask where her name came from. In my Honest Opinion, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, ultimately the choice is yours and if you want to name her Ridlee, then go for it! It was your first thought, your first instinct, do it! Let her have a unique name. To me it brings up the image of Ridley from the Alien Movies which is an awesome female lead. My son is Alexander, and I was told it was to traditional, to safe, not a cool name, etc. but that's the name we choose and now his nickname is Lex, not the usuall nickname for Alexander.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
joyousoccasions

I also agree with what someone said when is see Ridlee I think of the Ridler... Sorry! For Lee names I live Everlee, Analee, and Rylee.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
cprivratsk85819

I think you go with "your" heart on this one.  It is not for anyone else to say.  Both my kids are named after family maiden names and I have NEVER regreted it even though they were not the "popular" choices"  I think Ridlee is adorable and there will probably be more than one Haylee, Baylee, Kaylee, Rylee in her classes.  I am sure your little one will be as unique and beautiful as her name and appreciate and love the tradition that you blessed her with.  Best of luck and congratulations! 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 470 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: