Occasional Contributor
arsutton08

August 7th

I just found out over Thanksgiving holiday that I was pregnant.  My husband and I have been trying for nearly 5 years, with the help of fertility meds, IUI's, and IVF's for three years.  This past summer we lost our first baby.  He was supposed to be born in November.  We are pregnant again and excited.  We find out in a couple of weeks whether it is one or two.  Had two embryoes transferred.  God is so good!!!  Can't wait to hear the little heartbeat, or heartbeats.  My due date is on August 7th.  But will probably go before then because at week 14 I will have my cervix closed with stitches and they will cut those stiches at week 36.

:heart:Amy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skjwild

Re: August 7th

Congrats, that wonderful to hear. I hope everything goes well this time. Do you have to get stiched because of your loss this summer?

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnsonbn76866

I'm due on the same day!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
arsutton08

Yes.  The reason I lost my baby this past summer was due to a weak cervix.  So, they are going to do a cerclage to keep my cervix closed, God willing, until week 36.  Then they go in and clip the stitch.  In most cases, once the cerclage is removed the mother goes into labor within a week.  The little baby I lost this past summer was perfect in every way, so the dr feels this is my best plan of action to keep from repeating.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 518 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: