Occasional Visitor
tinkerbelldust0

Re: Where Should My Newborn Sleep?

Either a bassinet or playyard with bassinet are both good options, moving the crib in just a pain!!! I have a bassinett and my son stayed in it until almost 3 months old and then in the playyard for another almost 3 months before being moved into his crib when my little girl gets here she will also, especially if breastfeeding it makes it WAY easier! Both the bassinetts and the playyards with bassinetts are VERY sturdy trust me they have to be, walmart had decent prices on both and they all have to meet certain standards to be on the market. Remember most babies are only about 7.5 pounds when born and double their birth weight at 6 months so they really are not very heavy and bassinet and playyards are made to hold that. You can always look into reviews on specific ones which will help a lot! It will also give you peace of mind to be able to roll over and check on them whenever you want!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
brandi_sheridan

We co-slept. It was wonderful for late night nursing. We had a bassinet in our room but we all just slept better with her in our bed. It's not for everyone though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wendyg8173

After posting this comment I decided to look online for one and came across this article.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2433256/
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AndrewsWifey

we used a playyard with removable bassinet and then transitioned to a crib. it worked very well for us and we still have the playyard for when we travel...
Posted from Samsung SGH-T999L
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AndrewsWifey

Posted from Samsung SGH-T999L
Please use plain text.
perksmt

We used the bassinet insert for our son but it didn't work so well with our daughter. I didn't really want to spend the money on a true bassinet for her so we bought the rock and play. Loved that thing!! I would recommend getting a pack n play with the bassinet to try first. If that doesn't work for you get the rock n play.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
reneesullivan26

My husband and I decided early in my pregnancy that we wanted our DD to enjoy her room as her "space."- so from the very first day she came home, she was in her own crib, in her own room for every sleeping moment. Now there were the occasional naps on mommy in the recliner but for the most part all sleeps were in her bed. We utilized cameras and monitors to keep tabs. Now, at 2 years old our DD LOVES her bed and WANTS to sleep in her bed and actually refuses to nap or sleep with us. She likes her space just like as adults we all want our own space.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,060 members 90,175 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: