Occasional Contributor
greenamand70504

Is there really a baby in there?

This may sound really weird but often times I'm looking at my stomach and picturing a little baby growing but it just doesn't feel real. I have had nausea and not felt good and cravings and everything but it still feels like it's hard to believe there's a baby in there...does anyone know if this is normal or how long it lasts?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Contributor
greeneyes4984

Re: Is there really a baby in there?

unfortutely i can't relate to you in reference to the nausea. i'm 3.5 months and have not felt sick to food perfumes is a different story lol. I've read the the mornig sickness tends to fade away ate the end of your 1st trimester (14wks).

however i can relate the feeling of "is this really happening" especially when its your first. it took a while for it to sink into my husband and myself. but when we had our 1st ultrasound and heart the baby's heart beat that's when we "woke up". as a first time mom its a very sir real experience.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lillygirl420

I feel the same way, don't feel bad!  I've had my first ultrasound, heard the heart beat, AND saw it move like crazy (not sure why, but I completely did not expect the moving part!) and I'm certain that it hasn't all really sunk in for me yet.  Lol.  I'm sure these feelings are normal, just like with any other major life change, it takes a while to sink in.  Just the fact that my body can grow another person is unbelieveable to me.  I know all of these things in my head, but to comprehend that they are really happening inside me right now is hard to take in.  It's all such a miracle that something so complicated can be created in such a short time anyway.  I have a feeling it will not truly hit me until the baby gets here and even then it will be hard to believe that I am actually someone's mother.  Hang in there, you're not the only one feeling that way!  :-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zappa_sun

I understand that feeling completly!  The hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost five years now!  Now that we acutally are pregnant... with twins no less!  It's been hard to believe that we are now going to have what we have tried so hard to get!  I am starting to believe as now that I'm 14 weeks I can slightly feel the bumps, if I press my hand against my abdomen.  I think it'll really start hitting me when I can actually feel them move!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccwsmom

This is my 3rd baby and sometimes it's still hard for me to believe I have another baby in there. I felt that way with my first two as well. In my pregnancies before this one once my babies started moving is when it got very real for me. Once they start moving they like to do it a lot and then you'll have constant reminders that it's in there, even when it's 3 in the morning and you're trying to sleep lol.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 1,661 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: