Contributor
jessputman

Is anyone dilating yet?

I went for my 35wk appt yesterday and he said I am dilated to 1 1/2cm and he can feel his head... Just wondering if anyone else is dilating.

Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Re: Is anyone dilating yet?

I was at the same dilation at 33 weeks. I'm now at 35w5d :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
New Contributor
oddyssey315

I'm 34 weeks and I haven't dilated at all. Did you feel any pain or discomfort?
Posted from Samsung SM-N900A
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

I didn't even know I was dilated. I went into the ER for really bad dizziness and was told I was in pre labor. I was having steady contractions. I thought they were Braxton hicks. Has your dr done and internal exam to check you?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I'm skipping internal exams this time until I get to the hospital. They were all one big giant disappointment for the last month with DD2. Like literally one big giant disappointment. Nothing like walking around thinking you'll go any second because you're almost completely effaced and 3-4 cm. I do feel a lot of pressure on my cervix so I have no doubt things are getting ready. But since it isn't any actual indicator of when baby will come, I don't want to deal with all the pressure from other people (because other people do ask and then say they bet the baby will be here early, etc) and family when they ask why the baby isn't here yet, and the disappointment from being ready to go and nothing really happening. I also lost my mucous plug like 2 1/2 weeks before DD2 was born. She just didn't want to come out I guess, lol.

Contributor
jessputman

[ Edited ]

I've been having braxton hicks for about a month now this is my 3rd pregnancy but my youngest is 6 so I dont expect it to go extremely fast but my husband and mom do. This was the 1st time i'd been check & I live a hr away from any hospital but its nice to know that I really have been having braxton hicks. I dont remember them with my other two. My oldest I had lower back pain about a week before I had him, but my 2nd pregnancy I dont remember having any of that.

Occasional Contributor
nsblackcat

I'm 36w5d today. I'm 3cm right now. Didn't remember what Dr said about effacing or anything like that. All I know is it's getting a bit more painful each day, she's really pushing her little head against my cervix hard and making me waddle. Lol. I was told if I make it to 39 weeks it will be a shock. Oh....Lots and lots of mucus too. Yeah. Good fun.
Posted from Generic Android
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 457 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: