melchorsonia

I'm 39 and expecting my 4th baby, is this very dangerous?

I'm 39 and expecting my 4th baby, is this very dangerous?  After my twelve yr old daughter, I never thought of having another baby!

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: I'm 39 and expecting my 4th baby, is this very dangerous?

Hello and congratulations :smileyhappy: Many women are having babies at your age these days. Just make sure your doctor is following you closely since you are classified as advanced maternal age.
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abatesrn37567

Congrats! I was 38 when I got pregnant with my 6th (now 42 and pregnant with 7th....not exactly planned but that's ok :smileyhappy:.  I had a very smoothe pregnancy although I was a little nervous because of my age (even more so now). You may find you have even less energy with this one but rest when you can and follow your doctor's advice.  Hope all goes well!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scab_1276

I'm 37 expecting my first i am so excited and at the same time scared that something is wrong i have my prenatal appt tomorrow for the results of my baby nuchal translucency test that I had a few weeks ago praying to god everything is ok the 28 is my second sonogram in more detailed and hopefully I know the gender hope all have a blessed pregnancy
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Visitor
warriorwoman38

I'm 45, expecting my fourth. I feel great and am trusting that all is well and have faith that God knows best. Found out via ultrasound two days ago that we are having our first boy!
Posted from Samsung SPH-D700
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

I'm 41, I'll be 42 when baby is born and I'm having my second child - my son is 14.  I think it could be dangerous if  a woman is not already generally healthy or perhaps doesn't take care of herself but I think taht could be dangerous regardless of age. There is always an increased risk for genetic diseases.  "They" say by age 35, a woman's risk of conceiving a child with Down syndrome is 1 in 400. By age 45, the risk is 1 in 35. But my doctor ruled out all genetic diseases and my chance of having a baby with Down's is 1:677 based on my genetic testing and ultrasound.  Pretty good odds, I'll say, for an "old" woman, ha!   I try not to pay too much attention to all those statistics out there.  I just do my best to take care of myself; eat healthy, rest, exercise (haven't been great at that lately), and trying not to stress.  

These days women are waiting to have children and it's not unusual to see women in their 40's, even mid 40's, having babies.  More power to us - we rock!!  Lol.  :smileylol:

~Paige
Mom to a 14 year old boy and pregnant with #2 @ age 41!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

[ Edited ]

Congratulations!  And ditto on what warriorwoman38 said about "God knows best."  Amen sister!

~Paige
Mom to a 14 year old boy and pregnant with #2 @ age 41!
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 425 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: