New Contributor
lilianaarrollo

How to deal with back pain

When I was younger i had a spinal tap done and recently have been getting really bad back pain. Before I knew it was because of my spinal tap but now that im pregnant im afraid it will get more intense; especially, right now during the winter. This is my first pregnancy so im not really sure how i should deal with it. What do you ladies recommend for dealing with the pain?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jessica.demey

Re: How to deal with back pain

I have suffered pre-pregnancy with back pain as well and am scared that it will be worse with pregnancy (digenerative disc at L5).  I'm not familiar with what a spinal tap involves, though it sounds painful.   

I've been doing prenatal yoga, and trying very hard to stay active.  You can still work your core while pregnant, and a strong core helps me with back pain, as well as the stretching with yoga.  So far at 17 weeks, I'm actually less painful than normal. Good luck!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: How to deal with back pain

Last night I messed my back up picking my toddler up wrong :smileysad: but DH had the night off and was able to give me a really good massage! 

I also have a maternity belt in storage that I will be finding and using ASAP. That helped tremendously- especially with my first pregnancy that I gained more weight during. I don't recommend getting the cheaper ones though if you do get one, get a good solid belt. The thicker the better! I might even upgrade for one of the really good girdles this pregnancy!

I have never done chiropractic before, but I also plan on doing that as well. I just learned our health insurance covers an office near us that has a chiropracter that specializes in pregnancy, and I'm starting to have some sciatica issues, so I hope that it will just help a lot with everything overall. I also have some hip issues from my last pregnancy, and I'm wishfully hoping chiro can offer some help with that too.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 1,680 members 213,583 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: