Occasional Contributor
greenamand70504

First OB appointment

Tomorrow is my first official OB appointment and I am nervous and excited and not sure what to expect exactly except that it will be long. I'm really hoping the doctor does an ultrasound so we can see how the baby is progressing and I was wondering if the doctor will do a physical like push on my stomach and whatnot. I just hope it's thorough but not sure what all is really covered?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jslavens69

Re: First OB appointment

If you found out there will be an ultra sound and most techs like to do the ultrasound vaganaly due to being able to see the baby better. Then the dr will just talk to uou and and do a pap.
Posted from Samsung SGH-T889
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
greenamand70504

We did an ultrasound almost 2 weeks ago just on my tummy and we heard the babies heartbeat for the first time :smileyhappy: (it wasn't a scheduled appointment I thought something was wrong) but we didn't have to do it intravaginally so I'm hoping today they just do a regular one but I didn't know if that was something they do the first appointment.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jessputman

My 1st scheduled appt was @ 7wks and they did a ultrasound (non-vaginal) to comfirm the pregnancy most of the Dr. around where I'm from do a ultrasound at the 1st pregnancy which is different cuz I don't remember one being done with my 5yr old and I was 7mos pregnant with my 7yr old before I ever went to the Dr. Good luck and you will probably get to see your baby today

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

My first official OB appt after my intakes with all three pregnancies they did a complete physical (lung/ heart sounds, breast exam, pap smear), u/s to confirm dates (thank goodness they did one for this pregnancy because my due date was adjusted a full four weeks lol) and took lots of my blood.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 477 members 100,615 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: