New Contributor
BabyMama042014

Creepy OB-GYN

I love all of the OB doctors in the group practice I've been going to...except one. I just met him a few days ago and he is SUPER CREEPY. He made me uneasy (almost nauseous) and I wanted to run out of the exam room! I thought it was just in my head, but I've since talked to a couple other mamas (one is still prego and the other already had her baby), and they felt the same about him. They both said they prayed they didn't get him for the last month of pregnancy (all the exam checks) or delivery. EEK! 

Can I tell the practice that I don't want to see him or receive treatment from him ever again? Or do I keep my mouth shut? I have never met anyone who gave me the creeps like he did!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: Creepy OB-GYN

I specifically request appointments for the doctor or midwife I want to see. Both practices I've had pregnancies in allowed me to do this, and one of them was huge too (like 5 cnms and 4 obs)
Posted from Motorola MOTXT912B
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Yikes! I would most definitely request to not be scheduled with him under any circumstances.
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccwsmom

I'm sorry you had to feel that way at what should have been a happy appointment for you. Thankfully I've never had an OB/GYN like this. My sister did one time though and never went back. She went to an GYN and the guy was about her age and started asking her questions while doing an examine, asking her if she was married and liked to date and if she dated men or women. It was insane. If I were you I would pick a few of the docs that you really like there and every time you make an appointment ask for one of them. That way if you pick a few that you like you should always be able to see at least one of them if the others aren't there the day of your appointment. The bad thing is, is that if you go into labor and the doc you don't like is on call you wont have a choice but to have him deliver. Thankfully the nurses do most of the work until it's time to push lol. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
amandaflyte

Request a not to see this doctor, let them know he makes you feel uncomfortable. They may have heard this compliant from other women. I won't go to a obgyn that makes me uncomfortable. It's awkward enough just having to be in stirrups anyway.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
GeorgiaKay2010

I would for sure let them know. If you feel like that then there may be other women who feel the same. Let the staff know you want it noted in your charts to not be seen by him. There is NO reason what so ever that you should be uncomfortable everytime you go to the doc because of a creeper!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 427 members 45,612 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: