Occasional Contributor
lillygirl420

Clothing Too Small Already?

Hey!  This is my first pregnancy, so I know nothing.  I am six weeks and six days today and my pants are already starting to feel too tight and uncomfortable around the waist.  ;(  I'm 5'2" and around 115 pounds, so I'm not skinniest person in the world, but I'm also not over-weight.  I've only gained a couple of pounds so far, but I have this constant bloated feeling.  Is anyone else experiencing tight clothes at this early stage?  If so, are you planning to start buying maternity clothes?  I hate to spend money on just getting a bigger size, when I know I will continue to grow.  I'm open to any advice.  :-)

Please use plain text.
celucey

Re: Clothing Too Small Already?

This is my first child also and I feel the exact same way! I was told buy a tummy band to go around your waist so you can leave your pants unbuttoned and the band holds your pants up! It was made just for that and you don't have to buy new pants! You can get them at babies r us or any maternity/ baby stores!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I'm very bloated too and started to have to unbuttoning pants early on with DD1. This is my third and I have diastasis recti from my second kid so I've already popped though. I'll need to go into full blown maternity warddrobe pretty quick this time.

Please use plain text.
cargill73

I am 9 weeks and nothing feels better than elastic LOL around my waist.  I see a previous poster posted about the belly band, I saw them at Target so maybe I iwll invest.  I am especially bloated in the afternoon after a good meal :smileywink:  This is my first child, but I feel like I started poppin gout around 6 weeks.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lillygirl420

[ Edited ]

Thanks to celucey for the tip about the band.  I went to Babies R Us and bought a Bella Band.  I've been using it for a few days now and it works great!!

cargill73 - Today, I'm 9 weeks and 1 day and your earlier post described exactly how I feel!  B-L-O-A-T-E-D.  Ugh.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 1,351 members 149,354 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: