Contributor
ccwsmom

C-Section

Does anyone else already know they're having a c-section? I had a c-section with my second child so the doctors office that I go to requires me to have one with this child too. I'll also be getting it a week before my due date because I have type 2 diabetes. I already came through one c-section fine but it still scares me because there are always risks with any surgery and I already have two kids that need their mommy so I'm pretty nervous about this one. Just wondering if anyone else knew this early about having a c-section.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

Re: C-Section

I had a c-section with my first child 14+ years ago.  My first ultrasound is today but my first prenatal appointment is not until 9/16.  C-section vs. VBAC is on my list of questions for my Doc. I'm hoping that a VBAC is possible but of course I want to do what is safest for me and baby.  I just don't look forward to the post c-section pain.  Once I find out, I'll repost.

~Paige
Mom to a 14 year old boy and pregnant with #2 @ age 41!
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

[ Edited ]

With my first child I labored for 23 hours and then had an emergency c-section.  Therefore, I was a scheduled c-section with my 2nd child.  The 2nd c-section was so much easier as far as recovery.  I was shocked.  I think it was probably because I hadn't labored so hard for so long and my body wasn't as worn out and didn't have as many pain meds in it.  I still needed help with my 4 year old son in the first week I was home with baby but I was up and about pretty quick the 2nd time.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

Well, first ultrasound went great.  I'm 6 weeks and 2 days along with a new due date of April 22. Baby's heart is beating perfectly.  I was able to talk to my doctor and she said that since it's been so many years since my first c-section I shouldn't have to have another one.  That was great news for me - I will remain hopeful. 

~Paige
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccwsmom

April 22 is my birthday, it's a great day lol. Congrats on everything being good. It's good that you don't have to have another c-section. A planned c-section goes a lot quicker than being in labor but the recovery time is so much longer and harder with a c-section. I'm really not looking forward to that part.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

Thanks!  Another good thing about a c-section is you can have the baby a week early and plan the day you want to have the baby.  My son's birthday is April 19 so if I don't have to have a c-section hopefully the baby is born on any other day. He already said he doesn't want to share a birthday, lol. 

~Paige
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
froggiebren30

Hello, I had a c-section with my first child. My son will be 3 in November. He was breech for the last 4 months and the doctors could not turn him. You could say he is stubborn just like his mother. :smileyhappy: however, I am now 11 weeks pregnant with my second child. I will be having a c- section with this one at week 39. I too get a little nervous when I think about it because there is always risks with surgerys. I too didn't have any complications with my first, hoping this one will be just as smooth. I'm sure yours will too :smileyhappy:) good luck
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 28 members 695 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: