ModChristine

Breastfeeding Questions

Hi ladies,

I wanted to start a post where you can ask any breastfeeding questions you may have.  I know we have many Moms here who are experienced with breastfeeding and can help you out in this new journey.  I know I personally was lost with my first when it came to nursing.  I had mastitis, my baby had trouble latching on, etc. and I was so thankful for this site when I felt like I didn't know what to do next. :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jessputman

Re: Breastfeeding Questions

I exclusively pump I'm trying to pump every 6 hrs instead of every 3 I get 8-9oz every 6 hrs

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Hi jessputman, is all still going well with pumping? 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jessputman

Yes we are still doing really well with the pumping. He went to the dr last week and had gained 3pds in 3wks and grown 2 1/2in plus his head had grown 4cm.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
yulianna.besenyei@gmail.com

I'm not sure how much my little one is getting to eat on the breast. She would latch on for 15-25 mins at a time and sleep for about 2 hours but when I pump she can eat about 4-5 oz and sleep a bit longer (3 to 3.5 hours) ...

I'm assuming she eats more when I pump. BUT... When I want to breastfeed her she falls asleep and I try everything to keep her awake so that she finishes and gets full. I mean, I tickle her, gently poke her, talk to her, and even changed her diaper when she's "out" to wake her up. But still it doesn't seem as though she's getting full (like in the bottle).

What can I do? I don't want to pump every single time ... I mean I think it's not healthy for my breasts? And I don't want to be attached to my pump :smileysad:

Let me know your thoughts :smileyhappy:

Xoxo
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
couponsclarks

I'm in the same boat. My son passes out on my breast. So Im more likely to beat feed him when I'm watching tv in free time and bed time. In the pose where we both lay on our sides. That way we can both rest abd when he wakes up again he can just nurse and pass out again. I pump every 4-6 hours. Our whenever he sleeps.
Posted from Samsung SCH-I747
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 61 members 650 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: