Contributor
ccwsmom

Re: Anatomy Scan - How did it go?

Congrats on the girl. You're a brave woman having 3 girls lol. I grew up with me and two sisters and I swear there were times my dad would hide out down at the gas station in the mornings so he wouldn't have to be in the house when all us girls were getting ready lol. Me and my sisters are very close though and I love having them.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
prathapanis

I had my ultrasound last thursday at my 19wks 3d... I am having girl again ....as soon as i got pregnant i tht its good to have another gal but later on I slowly got interested to having boy as everybody said i will have boy based on my symptoms and tummy shape...etc...chinese calendar also said boy. Its a bummer :smileysad:.

But apart from that, they have said my cervix length (2.3 cm) is shorter than normal length (2.5 cm) which means 20% chance of having preterm labor (earlier than 32 wks). I am nervous about that now. Did anybody had this issue before? .I delivered my first one just few days before due date. So i am hoping my second one will be the same. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
nsblackcat

Just had scan today. I didn't personally write down all. The measurements but apparently everything is fine and we are having a girl!!!
Posted from HTC M7
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

@nsblackcat if you contact your OB, and the measurements are something you'd want, you can get them to copy your U/S info out of your record for you. I know not all offices/ hospitals do this, but my hospital has been using electronic records for the last 10 years and has everything available online directly to the patient as part of that set up too, so I can just log in and see everything from my visits, even hospital stays and discharge instructions, my shot record is all on there too. It's awesome. They also keep it all up on there, so I can go back all those 10 years through stuff.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

We had ours November 22 at 18w exactly.  It went great, baby is healthy and it's a SHE.  :heart:  Based on her size they, they estimate my delivery date to be 4 days earlier.  I could have told them that just based on date of conception and my short cycles but OBs insist on using their little wheel calendar that is so anitquated.  

The place I go for my ultrasounds doesn't require a full bladder for the ultrasounds - I guess due to high tech machines...thank goodness.  

~Paige
Mom to a 14 year old boy and pregnant with #2 @ age 41!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lillygirl420

[ Edited ]

Congrats to everyone!

I finally had mine a couple of weeks ago.  Everything looks great and ... it's a GIRL!  This is so exciting for us because my husband has three boys from a previous marriage.  I think the boys will adjust to a girl better and both of our families were super excited.  My husband hasn't stopped smiling.  I think I'm most happy for him.  Since he already has children (this is my first), raising a girl will be a journey that we'll both experience for the first time together.  :-) 

It was really exciting to see everything.  They pointed out so many different parts of her and even threw in a 3D shot of her little hand and arm.  The anatomy scan just made everything so real for me.  I already feel so protective of her.  Lol.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

Did anyone's baby have their eyes open?  The doctor came in my room after I had the anatomy scan done and she took a gander at the baby with the machine.  When she did it the baby's eyes opened and she even said "Ah, look at that, she opened her eyes for us".  Everything I've read says that the baby's eyes open around 26 weeks.  I know it's not always an exact science but I guess I didn't realize they could open their eyes at 18 weeks.  And I guess if it was an issue the doctor would have said something.  Just curious if anyone else had a similar experience.

~Paige
Mom to a 14 year old boy and pregnant with #2 @ age 41!
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 441 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: