Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Adoption

Are you considering an adoption? Start here for advice and support from other parents and parents-to-be who are using adoption to grow their families.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Adoption

I haven't personally adopted but we have three children in our family who are adopted.  Their parents tried for 10 years to conceive but were unsuccessful so they started the adoption process.  It was a roller coaster but in the end they adopted 3 beautiful siblings!  They have one girl and two boys who they love more than anything.  It's been so wonderful to watch them grow these past 7 years into such amazing kiddos!  I wish everyone considering adoption as much success and happiness as the now parents of these three have.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

What a sweet story! I love hearing adoption stories. Every child deserves love and what a special gift to parents.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I agree :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
elanashoop86598

I had a child at 18 and no way of taking care of myself let alone a child.I decided adoption was the best choice.hardest decision I've ever made but I don't regret it.they are a wonderful couple unable to have children they always said I was a blessing to them.but they will never know that they were truly the blessing.I know they love my little girl and will be there in every way for her since I wasn't able to.its been 10yrs now and I would love to one day adopt a child myself
Posted from Samsung SCH-I200
Please use plain text.
thesipes62347

My husband and I are adopting our grandson. We're in our 50's. My stepson is the father. Due to some crazy circumstances this baby spent his first 14 months of life in a Foster Home before we knew that he was our family in December. We finally met him in March and began visiting him as often as possible to start the Transistioning Process. In April, he began overnight visits (1 night/weeklyX2, 2 nts/wklyX2, 2nts/wkly/twice wklyX4wks, and 4 nts/wkly). I've never had children, and so we are loving every moment, including finally having this baby in our home full time for the last few weeks. We expect the adoption process to begin in January. The last hitch in this is that the Foster Family has been fighting us as they desperately want to keep him, (1) in court, (2) an invasive deposition, (3) bonding instead of transisitioning, and (4) where she would whisper things to him and had him so upset that he cried almost the whole trip to our house. This was after several visits where he began coming up to us on his own and raising his arms for us to pick him up. Then the foster mom began interfering with our transitioning because they too had decided to file for adoption. Thank God for family minded lawyers and judges! Everything is going in our direction.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mom23wood

My husband and I adopted 10 years ago. Best decision we ever made. After 9 years of fertility treatments we welcomed our son into our family. He is such a blessing to us. Since then we have added 2 miracle biological daughters to our clan. We have always said all things are in God's time not ours we needed him and he needed us. HE always has a plan.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 803 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: