Well, I’m Mortified.

First things first: Mom and Dad, I know you read this blog.  Why don’t you take a break at this point and just skip this post?  No, really, skip it.  Thanks in advance.  It definitely falls under the category of “overshare” and “things that probably should not be posted on the internet” and most of all “things I really don’t need my parents to read”.

So.  HSD (Hot Single Dad, for the uninitiated) was over last night.  He hasn’t met Caroline, so he sometimes comes over after she’s in bed to hang out.  Otherwise it’s tough for us to find time to see each other, since we’re both the custodial parent for our kids.

We watched a movie, yadda yadda, no details but you get the picture (this is a family friendly blog, okay?), fast forward to later in the night.  It’s around 11:30 at this point and we’re lying across each other in bed, talking.  I’m in the middle of some story and we’re both laughing and suddenly, right next to my ear, comes a yell: “MAMA!!!!”

We both jump about a mile.  I leap off of him like someone has lit me on fire and he panics and claps his hands over himself.  I snatch Caroline up by the waist and run her down the hall to her room, naked, silently freaking out, wondering how long she had been standing there and basically just yelling “OMGOMGOMGOMG” over and over in my head while she asks innocently, “who dat, Mommy?”.  I put her back to bed, wait until she’s almost asleep, and walk slowly back to my bedroom with both hands covering my mouth.  He and I look at each other and just start cracking up.  I mean, what else can you do at that point?  Her door was shut but she must have gotten out somehow.

After that, of course, she knew there was someone else there and so she just kept getting out of bed to try to see what was going on.  Finally we gave up and he went home.

I have several thoughts regarding this unfortunate incident:

1.  OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.  I’ll be paying for her therapy for years to come, no doubt.

2.  Apparently she can open doors now.  Isn’t that special.

3.  Quit ruining Mommy’s game, Caroline.  Good thing HSD has a kid too, so he gets it.

4.  You know how people ask you what your first memory is?  Well, now Caroline’s will probably be that she busted in on her mom and some guy she didn’t know.  Awesome.

5.  Did I mention the therapy?

So come on, we’re all adults here, fess up… has your kid ever walked in on you?  How did you handle it?

Back To Unexpectedly Expecting
  1. by Karen

On September 20, 2011 at 7:03 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:deep breath:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can not help, only DIE LAUGHING!

Only you, I swear!

2. by Jen

On September 20, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Seriously…do these things happen to you just so that you can blog about them and make us all laugh?!?!?! ONLY YOU!

Questions:
    -Did Caro ever stop asking “who dat,” or did you have to explain?
    -Does HSD read this blog?
    - How did I miss HSD coming in to the picture?

At least you probably looked good running naked. I’d be mortified about everything jiggling in front of HSD that I’d have to run backwards. On second thought, that might be worse!

ONLY YOU!

3. by Julia

On September 20, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I know, only me, right? Sigh. It was pretty hilarious though. After a few minutes.

Sooo she kept getting up and asking “who dat” after he left so finally I said “that’s Mommy’s friend” and she said “What his name? My name Caroline.” Fantastic.

HSD knows about this blog, he says he doesn’t read it, I haven’t decided whether or not I believe him! Haha.

4. by Haydee

On September 20, 2011 at 7:38 pm

This might be an overshare moment but..
    my husband and I were once interrupted by a little voice yelling, “daddy don’t eat that!!” I pray every night that she forgets what she saw!!

5. by Julia

On September 20, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I. AM. DYING. AHAHAHAHAHA!! That’s way better than my story!! Can’t… stop… laughing…

6. by Kristina

On September 20, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Trust me, you are not the first one to have this happen to you! We thought we were good to go one early morning (we’re talking 6AM on a Saturday) and the next thing you know my son flung the bedroom door open right in the middle of it. He usually is SO LOUD in the morning, and somehow he was quiet as a mouse that morning. Go figure. Worst part is, he asked me later “why was your butt out mommy…you silly mommy” talk about needing therapy. I think I’ll need as many sessions as he will!

7. by Kristina

On September 20, 2011 at 9:17 pm

OH MY GOODNESS! Haydee’s story is by far the worst!!! I’m laughing so hard right now!!!!

8. by SingleMama

On September 21, 2011 at 8:55 am

All I can say is LOL

9. by Meagan

On September 22, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Hahahhahahahahaa. I am a single mom as well and when I first started dating, my now boyfriend, my two year old walked in. The bf ran out of my room naked, holding himself, as I tried to get my daughter back in bed. Lol.

10. by laura

On September 23, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I am just curious, but where did you meet HSD? It seems so difficult to meet normal people.

11. by Julia

On September 23, 2011 at 8:34 pm

At a park near where we live. I know, it is close to impossible to sift through all the crazies out there…

12. by Diana

On September 26, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I too would be mortified – but I couldn’t stop laughing at your expense – sorry!

Luckily my son is still way to young to bust in on use but I remember busting in on my parents and I’m still scarred by it today! :)