Posts Tagged ‘
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013
One of my favorite ways to earn a little extra money is with Swagbucks, a free search engine kind of like Google. The difference is that each time you search the web using Swagbucks you have the chance to earn “bucks” which you can then trade in for things like gift cards from Amazon, Starbucks, Target and more. Or you can even have them pay you via Paypal!
If you haven’t already joined Swagbucks sign up today and if you enter 5THBIRTHDAY in the “I have a sign up code” field (under where you enter your email address and create your password) you’ll start out with 120 Swagbucks instead of the usual 30! It only takes 450 Swagbucks to get a $5 Amazon gift card so it shouldn’t take you long to have enough “bucks” for that.
Friday, August 3rd, 2012
My son and I just got done celebrating our birthday’s which are two days apart. One of the things that we have fun doing each is year is enjoying our free birthday food together. Believe it or not, lots of restaurants offer free food- sometimes and entire meal!- for your birthday. All you have to do is sign up for the offer.
Here’s a list of 24 birthday freebies- four of which actually aren’t food. Sign up and enjoy some yumminess on your next birthday. Just don’t blame me if you gain some weight in doing so!
TOTALLY FREE FOOD
- Baskin Robbins- Sign up for the Birthday Club and you’ll get a coupon for a free scoop of ice cream for your birthday.
- Burger King- Your child can receive a free kid’s meal on their birthday when you sign them up for Club BK.
- California Pizza Kitchen- Sign your child up for CPKids and they can enjoy a free kids meal.
- Dunkin’ Donuts- If you have a Dunkin’ Donuts gift card, you can register it for the DD Perks Rewards and among other things, you’ll get a free medium beverage of your choice for your birthday.
- Krispy Kreme- If you live near a Krispy Kreme you may be able to get a dozen free doughnuts on your birthday! Simply call your local store ahead of time to see if they participate. (I’ve never tried this one since we don’t have a location near us, but I’m told many Krispy Kreme’s do offer this yummy treat!)
- Maggie Moo’s- Join the Email Club and you’ll get a coupon for a free Kid’s sized ice cream creation.
- Noodles & Co.- Sign up for their Email List and get a free menu item on your birthday.
- Panera Bread- Sign up for a Panera card and you’ll get a coupon for a free sweet or pastry.
- Red Robin- Sign up for Red Robin’s e-club and you’ll get a free burger on your birthday.
- Rita’s- Sign up for the Birthday Club and you’ll get a free Italian ice on your birthday!
- Ruby Tuesday- Join Ruby Tuesday’s So Connected club and you’ll get a free hand crafted burger- no purchase necessary- on your birthday. I couldn’t believe it last year when they let me choose any burger I wanted and gave me fries and a drink too!
- Sonic- Sign up for the Sonic Cruisers Club and on your birthday you’ll get a choice of one of three birthday freebies: medium Tator Tots, regular cream slush, or medium drink.
- Starbucks- Have a Starbucks gift card? Register it here and one of the perks you’ll get is a coupon for a free Starbucks’ birthday drink. It might be worth getting a $5 gift card and registering it just for this!
BUY ONE, GET ONE OFFERS
- Arby’s- Join Arby’s Extras and get a birthday coupon for a free 12 oz. shake with any purchase.
- Chili’s- Join their email club and for your birthday you’ll receive a coupon for a free brownie sundae with the purchase of an entree.
- Cold Stone Creamery- Join their birthday club and receive a coupon for a free treat with the purchase of another one.
- Dairy Queen- Join the Blizzard Fan Club and receive a coupon for a Buy 1 Get 1 free blizzard on your birthday.
- Friendly’s- Get the following offers when you join Friendly’s Best Friend’s Club. Adults: Free cone with any purchase. Children: Free kid’s meal with any adult meal.
- Fuddruckers- Subscribe to their Fudd’s Club and get a coupon for a free 1/3 lb. burger (does not include fries and drink) when you purchase another entree of equal value. Kids get a free kid’s burger (does not include fries and drink).
- GGP Mall- First check to see if your mall is part of this group and if it is, join The Club and you’ll likely get a voucher for a free $10 mall gift card. I say likely because I got one but my husband didn’t- but then he never gets any gift card offers from them. Thanks to reader Sarah for the reminder about this!
- Magazines.com- If you create an account at Magazines.com they send you one of these offers and you can then redeem it for a $5 check. Not a bad birthday gift in my mind! Just be watchful, the subject line of the email just says something related to birthday and nothing about a coupon.
- Swagbucks- Join Swagbucks and you’ll get 50 Swagbucks on your birthday! I didn’t post this one earlier because I can’t figure out where I added my birthday to get this. Anyone know?
- Toys R Us- Sign your child up for the Toys ‘R Us Birthday Club (click “Birthday Club” at the top of the page) and they’ll receive a free gift (rumored to be a $3 Toys ‘R Us gift card) on their birthday.
What birthday freebies do you know of that I missed? I’d love to add more to my list!
Image Credit: Shutterstock (2nd and 3rd image)
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012
If you don’t have time to shop drugstore deals with coupons then Amazon deals are a great alternative. In fact, sometimes Amazon sale prices even beat grocery and drugstore sale prices. And the awesome thing is, you can shop from your own home and even use your Swagbucks to pay for your Amazon purchase!
The Amazon deals haven’t been as plentiful lately, but here’s a list of current ones I’ve seen. Keep in mind that Amazon prices can change at any time so I can’t guarantee how long these prices will be valid. Also, remember that you can cancel your Subscribe & Save order at any time. With the Subscribe & Save option, unless you cancel the subscription, you will continue to get that order regularly. So if you only want to get an item one time, AFTER the order arrives, simply go to “My Account” then “Subscriptions” to cancel your Subscribe & Save subscription. (It works best for me to do this as soon as the order arrives that way I don’t forget!)
* Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swimpants, Medium 18 Count are priced at $9.47 with Subscribe and Save. Clip the $1.00 coupon found below the product description to save even more and pay just $8.47 or $0.47/swimpant.
* Pampers Pampers Softcare Baby Fresh Wipes 10x Box With Tub 720 Count is just $17.57 with Subscribe and Save. That comes to just $0.02/wipe- a great price!
* Get The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffee for as low as $4.78/bag. You can either get Hand-Roasted Brazil Cerrado Ground Coffee, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 2) or the Hand-Roasted French Roast Ground Coffee, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 2). To get the lowest price choose the Subscribe and Save option and also be sure to clip the $2.50 coupon listed below the product description.
* Clif Crunch Bar, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, 10 Count are on sale for $3.39 with Subscribe and Save. That come to only $0.34/bar! Sounds like an inexpensive snack to me!
* This is a bit of a different deal but if you are looking for a sleeping bag you’ll want to consider this. Rated by 4 stars by 400 reviewers, the Suisse Sport Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable Sleeping Bag is on sale for only $38.07!
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012
Wondering what Swagbucks is? Check out my post that explains it all.
Swagbucks just kicked off “March Swagness” which will run until the end of the month. With March Swagness, you have the potential to earn bonus Swag Bucks while doing all the things you are already doing on Swagbucks.
So how does March Swagness work? Well, every day they’ll have an earning goal listed on their homepage. As you earn Swag Bucks throughout the day, that meter will fill up and when it’s full, you’ll have earned your bonus for the day. And if you hit the earning goal every single day of March Swagness, your bonus amount will be doubled!
Don’t forget, EVERYTHING you earn on Swagbucks counts towards March Swagness – including Search, Surveys, Tasks, Swag Codes, Special Offers, Referral Bucks, Winning TTPTP, Hashtag and Comment hookups.
I don’t know about you but I’m looking forward to this chance to earn more Swag Bucks. I love redeeming my Bucks for Amazon gift cards and it seems that I always have a running list of things to buy!
Friday, January 20th, 2012
Last week I explained how Swagbucks is one of my favorite ways to earn a little extra money. This week I’m going to explain how you can make the most of the different ways to earn Swagbucks.
Since I joined Swagbucks in Nov. ’09 I’ve earned $195 (thirty-nine $5 Amazon.com gift cards and $10 via Paypal directly deposited to my bank account). Swagbucks has fast become my favorite way to earn online, partly because it is so super easy. While the primary way to earn Swagbucks is through searching the internet, there are many other ways you can earn “bucks” as well. So what are my tips for making the most of Swagbucks? Read on to find out the ways that I’ve tried to maximize my earnings:
* Download the Swagbucks toolbar. Seriously, if you do nothing else, at least do this one! I didn’t download the toolbar for a long time and when I finally did it I realized how much earning I missed out on because without the toolbar I’d forget to use Swagbucks. Basically what it does is download a toolbar that will allow your search engine to be Swagbucks instead of Google or whatever search engine you were previously using.
To download the toolbar, go to “Toolbars” and follow the instructions.
* Use Swagbucks for ALL of your searches including sites you visit everyday. For instance if I want to go to Ebay or to my blog, The Thrifty Frugal Mom, I’ll simply type that into the Swagbucks search engine. No, I don’t win something every time, but it sure has increased my search engine usage and I win more as a result…and it only takes a couple of extra seconds.
* Follow Swagbucks on Facebook. From time to time they give out free Swagcodes which obviously help you earn more.
* Follow Swagbucks on Twitter. Same story as Facebook, you’ll have the chance to get more free codes.
* Follow the Swagbucks blog. Several times a week they post a free Swagcode.
* Refer your friends. When the person you refer using your unique referral code wins Swagbucks, you will too! You can earn up to 1,000 matching Swagbucks for each referral. I haven’t gotten many referrals, but the couple I have did help me earn a few extra Swagbucks. To find your unique referral code, go to “Promote” on the Swagbucks website.
* Take the Daily Poll. Simply go to the Swagbucks website and click “Earn” then “Daily Poll”. I don’t visit Swagbucks specially just to do this, but if I happen to be on the website I’ll often take the extra couple of seconds and take the poll.
* No Obligation Special Offers (NOSO)- you can earn 2 Swagbucks a day with this. Just go to “Earn” then click on “NOSO”. Click the “Start Earning Now” button and continue through the offers. Note- you do not have to complete ANY offers to get the Swagbucks. You can simply keep clicking “Skip” or “See Next Offer” until you get to the end where you will claim your Swagucks.
* Swagbucks TV- you can find this under the “Earn” tab. I like to have these playing while I’m working online- it’s a simple way to earn an extra 3 Swagbucks for every 10 videos watched. Not a fast way to earn necessarily, but still painlessly easy.
Are you a Swagbucks user? What are your favorite ways to earn “bucks”?