Posts Tagged ‘
Monday, December 1st, 2014
Today December 1, 2014 only, Amazon is offering select Hasbro toys and games for 50% off!
There are lots of sale items- here are just a few of the deals you can get:
* Sorry Game $11.49
* Trouble Board Game $8.49
* FurReal Friends Walkin Puppies PomPom Poodle Toy Plush $12.99
* Playskool Step Start Walk n Ride $14.99
* Nerf N-Strike Elite: Strongarm Blaster $6.49
* Nerf N-Strike Elite 100-Dart Refill $12.49
And while not 50% off, Amazon also has this huge container of Legos for a great price.
* LEGO Bricks & More Builders of Tomorrow Set 6177 $22.99
Add a Comment
Saturday, November 29th, 2014
Please note: Amazon prices may change at any time. Please double check the price before buying!
If you have a child that loves K’Nex, Amazon has a great price on them currently. Right now you can get the K’NEX 375 Piece Deluxe Building Set for just $11.98!
K’Nex Building Set $11.98
Add a Comment
- Set includes 375 Classic K’NEX pieces: rods, connectors, wheels and more!
- Includes 30 building ideas
- Open ended building fun
- Convenient storage tub
- Ages 7+
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Life can get busy so quickly and before you know it, it’s been several months since you last had a date! And if you are like us, part of the hassle in planning a date night is finding a sitter for the children. And not just finding a sitter, but finding a sitter that you can trust and this is affordable.
I recently learned about ChipperSitter and thought their services sounded like an amazing way to help parents get an affordable childcare for date night. For just $10, ChipperSitter will provide you with a professional babysitter to watch your children for 3 hours! (If you want any additional hours, you’ll pay just $15 per hour for each hour after that.) Sounds pretty good, right?!
Oh, and if you appreciate a company that gives back, you’ll want to know that during the month of December, ChipperSitter is going to give 15% of their profits to help care for the homeless in New York City. So you can have a date night and inadvertently help out those less fortunate!
So, what is ChipperSitter?
ChipperSitter is a company that provides babysitting services through their network of professional babysitters in major cities throughout the country. ChipperSitter is meticulous in their hiring process so that you can relax knowing you children are in good hands. Every sitter has to undergo a background check, reference checks, sex offender status checks and they even scan the web and news sources to make sure there is nothing bad that turns up there. In addition, they also do a thorough round of interviews with child care experts to make sure the sitter is up to par and capable of doing an excellent job.
How does ChipperSitter work? It’s this easy!
1. You’ll need to contact ChipperSitter via their website or by calling (877) 620-8578.
2. ChipperSitter will setup a time for an experienced expert from their team to call or video call to discuss your babysitting needs.
3. You’ll then be emailed access to ChipperSitter’s software which will allow you to view sitters near you. You will be able to watch their sitter video where they will introduce themselves to you and you can even chat with your prospective sitter too! Facebook profiles are available for review as well.
4. Once you’ve decided on a sitter, you can book your date night.
5. Your all set to enjoy some time with the one you love! (And if it gives you peace of mind while you are out, you can always text your sitter or view your little ones via an app on your smartphone too.)
What’s the biggest thing that keeps you from having date night? Have you ever used a service like ChipperSitter?
Add a Comment
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Sign up for a free 30 day trial of Learn with Homer, an online program with over 1,000 interactive reading games and activities for kids ages 2 to 6. This ground-breaking program has been proven to increase early reading scores.
(No credit card is required to sign up for the free subscription.)
Add a Comment
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Spring has always, hands down, been my favorite season. But I have to admit, the last couple of years that fall has slowly been enticing me and I’m almost getting worried I’m going to soon have to change favorites! There is just something about the cool, crisp weather, the wearing of sweaters and scarves, all things pumpkin and apple and the slowing down that happens after busy summer days that is just, well, rather nice.
The last couple of days I’ve been trying to think of ways that we can celebrate and enjoy fall together as a family. Things that will help us make memories without breaking the bank, because let’s face it, most young families don’t have much in their bank accounts anyway! Here’s what I came up with!
15 Frugal Fall Family Activities
1. Drink apple cider
2. Have a leaf raking party (and jump in the leaves of course!)
3. Make caramel apples
4. Enjoy a candlelit dinner together
5. Make and play with pumpkin pie or apple cider playdough
6. Have a hot dog/smores roast
7. Do some fall themed crafts
- here are some great fall craft ideas for toddlers
8. Decorate a pumpkin
- I love this family hand print pumpkin idea and also this thankful list pumpkin
9. Snuggle up on the couch and read a bunch of fall themed books
10. Enjoy a hike and admire the changing leaves
- use this free leaf identification printable to turn it into a learning experience
11. Make a scarecrow
12. Visit an orchard and pick some apples
13. Make a fall dessert
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake is always popular or try this Applescotch Dessert
14. Explore a corn maze
15. Go on a fall themed scavenger hunt
- this free free scavenger hunt printable is awesome
What are your favorite fall activities?
Add a Comment