Posts Tagged ‘
Thursday, January 9th, 2014
Looking for some easy, inexpensive Valentines? Here are 15 creative and adorable ideas that I collected from some amazing bloggers.
1. Printable Valentine Bookmarks from Positively Splendid
These colorful bookmarks are easy to print out and assemble in minutes! Plus, hopefully they’ll inspire the recipient to dive into reading too!
2. Orange You Glad Valentine from Crafting in the Rain
Orange these just cute? As a healthier alternative, you could put a mandarin orange or regular orange in a bigger bag and use the same label.
3. Glow Stick Valentine from Kommunicated.com
What child doesn’t like glow sticks? These creative non-food valentines are sure to be a hit! You can even get a 100 ct. pack of glow stick for just $7.85 from Amazon.
4. Bursting with Happiness Valentine from Happy Clippings
A simple but fun valentine!
5. Cookie Cutter Valentine via Spoonful.com
Another fun non-food idea! If you want, you could make some homemade play-dough, put a small ball of it in a sealed plastic bag and add it to the cookie cutter.
6. Color My World Valentine by Motherhood on a Dime
I love this idea of using printable coloring pages as part of your valentine. It really doesn’t get much more simple, inexpensive and yet fun than that!
7. Like You Smore Valentine from Capturing Joy
An adorable twist on an American classic! Yum!
8. 4 Non-Candy Valentines from Pretty Prudent
Four lovely valentine ideas and all for things kids love!
9. You Rule Valentine from Re:Located Living
Another really easy to assemble valentine. Amazon has 36 ct. plastic rulers for just $13.82 (or $0.38 each), making these very inexpensive to make.
10. Just “Write” Valentine from Happy Clippings
These are just plain cute and fun!
11. Same School Valentine from Hello Bee
If you are wanting to make this even more cost effective, buy the goldfish in bigger packages, divide them into smaller bags and then attach the label to that. (As you see in some of the other ideas listed here.)
12. Have a Ball Valentine from Less Ordinary Designs
I know these would be popular at our house as my children think they can never have too many of these little rubber balls. You can get a 25 ct. pack of the balls for just $9.59 (or $0.38 each) from Amazon.
13. Sucker for You Valentine from 30 Minute Crafts
Aren’t lolly-pops always a hit with children? This valentine shouldn’t take long to assemble and is sure to be well received!
14. You’re the “Raisin” Valentine from Homemaking Hacks
Want a bit of a healthier valentine? Make this one using little boxes of raisins. So darling!
15. Butterfly Valentine from Skip to My Lou
Another lolly-pop valentine- didn’t I say that they’re popular with children? If you don’t want to mess with the little wiggly eyes, you could also just use a Sharpie and draw a face on the lolly-pop.
Linking up at: Clean & Scentsible, Living Well Spending Less, Mostly Homemade Mom and Practically Functional.
Add a Comment
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Right now you can get 50 4×8 photo cars for just $5 from Staples. If you choose in-store pick up you don’t have to even pay shipping!
Add a Comment
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
If you still haven’t found the perfect holiday cards this season, Vistaprint is now offering holiday card deals in a variety of sizes and quantities! Through tomorrow, December 13, you can get 40 5×7 folded cards for $25, 50 5×7 flat cards for $25, 75 4×8 flat cards for $25, and more!
Whether you took a lot of family photos this season or you’re looking for holiday cards with simple messages and designs, Vistaprint has a variety of templates in order to make your cards stand out amongst the rest. Some of the 150+ new designs include a “Year in Review” template where you can share all of your big 2013 moments with friends and family.
From my experience with Vistaprint, their quality is great but they often bombard you with emails after you order. I’d suggest simply unsubscribing from their emails once you receive your order to avoid this annoyance- unless of course you enjoy getting their emails!
Add a Comment
Monday, December 9th, 2013
I’m so excited to be participating in Parents Gifts Week! This week, December 9 to December 13, I’ll be joining Amanda Kingloff of Everyday Fun and Melanie Blodgett from You Are My Fave to bring you a bunch of great ideas for stocking stuffers, kids’ presents, homemade gifts and more. We’ll be pinning our favorite crafty and unique (and for my part, inexpensive) gift ideas to the Parents pinterest board. Get in on the conversation and share your ideas (or borrow someone else’s) using #ParentsGifts on Twitter and Pinterest.
And while you’re over at Pinterest, feel free to check out my Pinterest boards too!
Add a Comment
Saturday, December 7th, 2013
I love gifting homemade goodies. Not only is it inexpensive, it’s also personal. And really, who doesn’t love receiving something delicious and homemade?
Here are 20 homemade food gift ideas that I gathered from around the web- perfect for giving to your neighbors, co-workers, mail carrier or that hard-to-buy-for relative. I tried to choose ideas that would be relatively easy to make so that you won’t be spending hours in the kitchen whipping up some homemade gift goodness. And I even included a couple of healthy ideas in case you prefer that!
1. Seasoned Ranch Pretzels from The Thrifty Frugal Mom
2. BBQ Rub from Keep it Simple Sweetie
3. Apple Cinnamon Toast Butter from Coupon Clipping Cook
4. Ritz Cracker Candy from The Thrifty Frugal Mom
5. Peanut Butter Toffee Bars from Spoonful.com
6. Peanut Brittle from Food Fanatic
7. Iced Cappuccino Mix from Echoes of Laughter
8. Salted Caramel Sauce from Recipe Girl
9. Homemade Marshmallows from Petit Elefant
10. CinnaBun Butter Cakes from Picky Palate
11. Candy Cane Chocolate Bark from Munchin with Munchkin
12. Easy Homemade Granola from The Thrifty Frugal Mom
13. Homemade Caramel Corn from Seeded at the Table
14. Vegetarian Five Bean Soup in a Jar from Back to Her Roots
15. Sweet and Spicy Candied Nuts from A Thought for Food
16. Homemade Apple Butter (in the crockpot!) from Tastes of Lizzy T
17. Glazed Doughnut Muffins from Mostly Homemade Mom
18. Turtle Fudge from Niki’s Sweet Side
19. Mocha Cocoa Mix from My Recipes
20. Cranberry Orange Biscotti from Shugary Sweets
Linking up at Clean and Scentsible and Living Well Spending Less.
Add a Comment