Don’t know about you, but Ilovefrappuccinos! Only problem is, I’m pretty much never out of the house from 3 to 5 pm. since the kids are waking up from their naps and I’m working at getting dinner ready. So I seriously doubt that I’ll be able to take advantage of this offer. Guess I’ll just try to look at it as an easy way to save my money!
Oh and one of these days I want to share my homemade frappe recipe. I seriously think it’s better than Starbucks!
This drink is pure comfort in my mind- all the taste of smooth creamy custard in the form of a warm beverage. It’s the perfect thing for a quick breakfast (after all, it does contain eggs!), a warm-me-up drink or just to wind down with before bedtime. I love that it’s caffeine free too!
I’ve had some people tell me that it tastes like eggnog, which might be true. However, while I really don’t like eggnog at all, this Warm Custard Drink hits the spot for me every time. Just wanted to throw that out there though in case there are any eggnog fans reading this!
Oh and one more thing. If you have one of these Stick Hand Blenders it makes mixing this drink up super simple! I just put the egg mixture in the cup that comes with the blender and then add the milk to that. It’s much less hassle than pulling out my big blender every time!
¼ to ⅓ c. sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
pinch of salt
⅛ tsp. vanilla
Put milk and sugar in small pan and heat just until it starts to simmer and come to a boil.*
In the meantime, blend eggs, salt and vanilla.
Once milk starts to bubble, remove from heat and add a small amount to egg mixture.** Blend immediately.
Add rest of milk and blend well.
Pour into two mugs and sprinkle with nutmeg.
* Heating the milk to just boiling makes makes it hot enough to kill any bacteria that would be in the eggs.
** If you pour it in all at once, it tends to cook the egg and you’ll end up with little egg chunks in your Warm Custard- not good!
Other serving suggestions:
– Reader Kayla said she used maple syrup and maple flavoring for a bit of a flavor change up. I tried the maple flavor (just a few drops) and it was really good!
– Reader Wendy said she used almond milk and stevia for an equally delicious drink!
Wow, Starbucks sure is on a roll with their coupons and money saving deals lately! Not that I mind of course. Here are two current deals:
* Print a coupon for a FREE Caramel or Hazelnut Macchiato. To find this coupon, visit Coupons.com then click the “Coupon Codes” link at the top of the page. You should see the Starbucks offer. The coupon is good through 3/31/13.
* If you are a Starbucks Rewards Member and have a registered Starbucks gift card on file you can also get a coupon for 50% off any Espresso Drink. If you aren’t a Starbucks Rewards member I highly recommend signing up. You’ll get a free drink on your birthday and lots of other little perks throughout the year.