Author: Lydia Beiler
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 small box (3 oz.) strawberry jello
- 3 to 4 c. sliced strawberries
- Cool Whip or real whipped cream
- 10" pie crust, baked
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and water; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. (I like to use a whisk for this.)
- Remove from heat and add jello; stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool, then gently mix in strawberries. (If you are in a hurry, you can skip this step. The berries just stay nicer if it's cooled.)
- Pour into baked crust and refrigerate. Once filling is set, top with Cool Whip or real whipped cream.
Recipe by The Thrifty Frugal Mom at http://www.parents.com/blogs/thrifty-frugal-mom/2014/05/20/recipes/tasty-tuesday-simple-strawberry-pie-easy-delicious/