Jimmy Carter Cake
Author: Lydia Beiler
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 c. flour
- 1 stick butter, softened (8 tbsp.)
- 2/3 c. crushed peanuts
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream, whipped with 1 tbsp. sugar**, divided (should make about 2 cups)
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk, divided
- ** or use 2 c. Cool Whip instead
- Crumble flour, butter and crushed peanuts together and press in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min.
- Cream peanut butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese and 3 tbsp. milk together. Fold in 1 c. prepared whipped cream. Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix vanilla pudding, chocolate pudding and 3 cups milk together until combined and pudding is thickened. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and garnish with additional crushed peanuts. Chill.
Recipe by The Thrifty Frugal Mom at http://www.parents.com/blogs/thrifty-frugal-mom/2014/04/15/recipes/tasty-tuesday-jimmy-carter-cake-a-peanut-butter-chocolate-dessert/