Rotisserie Style Chicken
Author: Lydia Beiler
Recipe type: Meat
- 1 (4 lb.) chicken
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp. cayenne pepper (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 to 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Combine seasonings, except for onion and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Rub chicken inside and out with seasoning mixture.
- Place onion and garlic in cavity of chicken.
- Place in roaster or a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 to 6 hours.
- Bake, covered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours. Minimum internal temperature should be 180 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
* If you have small children or don't like things spicy, you'll want to omit the cayenne pepper.
* I like to take the skin off the chicken to make it healthier.
Recipe by The Thrifty Frugal Mom at http://www.parents.com/blogs/thrifty-frugal-mom/2014/03/04/recipes/tasty-tuesday-rotisserie-style-chicken/